~ chapter 9 ~ a gentleman

We were driving in silence. Only the sounds of the street and other cars were existing. Then I turned on the radio. Shit. Songs can just be too relatable sometimes. I think the singers name is girl in red or something...

Girl in red's song 'I wanna be your girlfriend' is playing in the radio. Literally, this is so awkward.

I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your lips.

That was exactly how I felt for Winona. I looked at her, and then she looked at me.

I wanna kiss you until I loose my breath.

I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your lips.

Fuck. She smiled and laughed a little, I really hope she didn't listen to the lyrics..

What she just sang, again, relatable. This is probably the most awkward drive, ever. Then finally, we were at the parking lot in front of the mall. I parked the car.

I wanna kiss you until I loose my breath.

I looked at her and then she laughed. I got out of the car and hurried to her door, opening it as she smiled. "Thank you, I've said this before, but you really are a gentleman."

"Nahhh, that's just what we do." I quickly responded.

"Not everyone is like you, David. Just.. just take Scott.. he would never do that. You're a gentleman. You've done a lot of thing for me, so thank you. Thank you for everything, it means a lot." She said and looked me in my eyes.

"My pleasure, Winona." I answered and left her with nothing left to say but smile. We walked towards the entrance for the mall.

>>>

There was this weird song with some very relatable lyrics playing while driving to the mall. That was awkward, and the only thing David did, was smiling.

I wish I was brave enough to just kiss him. Right on his lips. Not his chin as I sometimes enjoy doing when he takes selfies of me and him, but I want to kiss him.

Like the kiss, on his lips! I want to do it so much, it hurts. I don't want to ruin our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way. And actually, I'm still in a relationship with Scott, because I didn't break up with him.

Of gosh I love him, I don't think anymore. I know it. It's just the facts, as the gen z people would say. David told me what that was, the gen z thingie. Cool, I guess.

We were inside the mall when David asked me "hey, sweetie, where do you normally buy clothes?"

He called me sweetie!! And it's not the first time.. is this a signal?

He looked at me when I realized I had to answer him. "Yeah, umm H&M or that one." I said and pointed at a store.

"Okay honey let's go." He said like it was nothing.

What the fuck!!! I'm exploding inside, he called me honey? Sweetie? What does he mean?

>>>

It was when we looked at clothes I realized what I just called her. Honey, sweetie... shit.

But she didn't say anything. I wish she could just give me some signs..

We picked some different clothes, now Winona just needed to try them on.

Winona was in the dressing room right now and literally I really wanted to move the curtain so I could see her. DAVID. David, stop that!