seven

AMELIA
**
***
*****

The morning sun came up and obnoxiously invaded my slumber with its brightness. I groaned as its sun rays beamed through my eyelids, throwing the blanket over my head and rolling the opposite way of the window.

When my hand touched the skin of another being, my eyes snapped open in shock and I looked down at the man who was peacefully sleeping beside me. His arms had be securely cinched around my waist, his face nuzzled in the crook of my neck as gentle snores left his lips every so often.

I looked down at my naked body and ran a hand through my hair. Right. Last night happened.

Slowly, my hands went behind my back to grab his and I slowly unlinked his fingers from each other. Right when I thought I had managed to untangle myself from him, Lucian's arms moved back around my waist except tighter than before.

"Not trying to sneak away now, are we?" He mumbled against my skin.

"No," I lied through my teeth. "I-I just need to shower."

"Perfect because so do I. I'll join you."

My eyes widened and I could feel his lips curl up into a smirk. Lucian sat up and stretched, groaning softly before he leaned his weight on one arm. He looked down at me and pushed a hair away from my face, rubbing my bottom lip with his thumb.

"What do you feel like for breakfast?" He asked, standing up and walking towards a closed door.

My eyes raked down his muscular back and when it got down to his bare ass, I raised an eyebrow. There was nothing wrong with staring at him but damn that's an ass.

"Mel," he called out, not looking behind him before he entered the washroom. "Breakfast: what do you want?"

"Dick."

Lucian finally turned around and found me leaning back on my hands, smirking at him. He grabbed a towel and beckoned me to him with one finger, which I was happy to oblige. I didn't miss his eyes as they raked down my body before meeting mine and he pulled me closer to him, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Don't tempt me, Mia," he muttered, kissing my temple. "I've got a million things to do today and you might be the only person that will stop me from doing them."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and right when he leaned in for a kiss, I pulled away to step in the shower. Lucian followed soon after me and I pushed my hair out of my face, smiling to myself when he kissed my shoulder.

"This still doesn't change anything," I mumbled, hearing his quiet chuckle in response. "I mean it. The sex hasn't changed my mind. You don't just take what you want—you work for it."

"I know," Lucian sighed. I felt one of his hands move to mine, entwining our fingers. "I'm going to. I just hope you're willing to give me the chance to."

I didn't answer, tensing up when I felt him beginning to wash my body. During the silence I couldn't help the thoughts from invading. I didn't want to give him the chance he wanted. Lucian up and left me heartbroken and for two years, I had to get over him. I'm not stupid enough to let him win so easily all because he's amazing in bed and I sure as hell won't let him in like I did before until he's earned it.