twenty three

AMELIA

**
***
*****

"I feel fine, Mia."

"I don't care. You were shot in the side and have a fractured wrist with two broken ribs. You're staying in bed."

Lucian sighed. I leaned over him to grab the food he refused to eat, putting it next to me and taking a bite of toast. From the bed, Lucian watched me with a small pout. I ignored him, feeling my face burn up as he kept watching me put on some latex gloves and clean his wound.

It's been about three days since Lucian came and Theo arrived to the safe house. I know he feels like he'll be okay but I can still see how much pain he's in to even walk to the washroom. I don't want him to hurt himself because his pride won't stop getting in the way of resting like his body needs.

Lucian staying in bed has led to him doing everything in his power to get me to cave in.

"Well, it's healing well," I told him, placing a new bandage over it. "Still gross, but that's expected."

Lucian chuckled. He waited until I washed my hands in the washroom before grabbing them, kissing my knuckles. I smiled down at him and leaned down, kissing him gently. He returned the kiss like it was second nature, moving his left hand to my hair and pulling me closer.

"Lucian," I whispered with warning against his lips when I felt his hand move down my neck, then ran over the large shirt I was in.

"You look better in my shirts than I do," he muttered, making me smile and pull away. "Come on, Mia. I feel fine. Just let me at least talk to the guys downstairs."

"Most of them are on duty," I responded, watching him groan. "The only one who isn't would be Ren and that's because he's my company."

He groaned again. "Who's my company supposed to be?"

"Well..."

"Just stay up here for a little longer," he said, bringing his hand up my shirt. I gasped when he pinched my nipple, smirking. "Let me eat you out."

"Lucian," I scolded, my face burning up. "I-I wouldn't let you. Besides, I started my period when I woke up."

Lucian huffed. I kissed his lips delicately before getting up and heading into the washroom.

"I want another kiss," he whined, making me smile to myself. "Let me finger you."

"What did I just say, Lucian?"

"I don't care about that."

"I do."

I heard another whine from the bedroom and I got changed quickly. When I walked out, Lucian was trying to sit up. I could see the pained look in his eyes as he added too much pressure to his free arm and I hurried to his side, helping him up slowly.

"I hate this so much," he muttered out loud. "Not being able to do anything—being useless. I don't want you to feel like you need to take care of me."

"Technically, I don't need to," I replied, sitting beside him. I kissed his cheek. "But I want to. I know you wouldn't hesitate to do the same for me, Luc. You've already done so much for me. Let me take care of you for once."