Chapter 2:Beginning of Mystic Ranker!!!

Chapter 2: Beginning of Mystic Ranker

The internet was going crazy right now. Well, one could say that the world was in chaos right now.

Shiva surfed down Facebook searching for news article or something which could explain the situation. He soon found a news article and clicked the link. The news article had summarized the situation carefully and accurately.

Different types of monsters were seen attacking villages or cities all over the world. From the CCTVs footages, it could be seen that these monsters appeared out of nowhere. The situation wasn't as bad as people made out to be. The monsters that were seen were not relatively strong as they could be defeated pretty easily. But the things it dropped amazed the people around all over the world. Modern weapons were enough right now but the public were still terrified that these monsters could appear again with a larger number, stronger power. The governments were trying to cool their citizens. They promised to protect their citizens and suggested them to not leave the house. If you needed to leave for urgently, don't leave alone and always be careful.

Shiva didn't dwell on it for much longer on the topic and closed his phone. He recalled his fight with the goblins. He remembered the adrenaline rush he experienced for the first time in his life. He loke that rush feeling. He loved it. He fell asleep recounting that experience.

Next day

The world was still going crazy. Many scientists were trying to explain the situation. They were just saying things hypothetically. There was one in particular who was gaining popularity with his crazy theory. He was Jack Ivanov from Germany. He said that things were just starting. The situation will continue to worsen. Powerful and frightening monsters will keep appearing for the world had sinned too much. This is our retribution. We humans have killed too much and sinned too much. The nature is doing this to keep us in rein. We won't be at the top of the food chain any longer. He spoke.

Shiva found the situation pretty amusing. He knew or felt that he knew what will occur in days to come. So, he had his own theory. He believed that the monsters will keep on appearing. They had their own purpose or their own agenda for appearing out of nowhere. He didn't know the reason behind it and knew that he couldn't figure it out any sooner. So, he didn't dwell on it any longer. He felt that he should know how to fight right now. He didn't know what would happen if the situation became worse than he thought.

He didn't know any way to learn to fight. So, he did what he could. He downloaded some self-defense videos on YouTube and headed to the forest behind his village. The forest wasn't particularly big enough for it to harbor wild animals but it was big enough for him to do his things secretly. He practiced there following the instructions the whole day. He knew that he couldn't learn them at a day. He needed to practice for a longer period of time. He then regretted his decision to not join self-defense classes when he had the chance.

2 days passed...

Nothing out of ordinary happened for the next two days. But at the third day, the whole world itself started to shake and many dungeons appeared out of nowhere. The dungeons were of various shape, sizes and atmosphere. But one thing was common. Each and every one of them harbored demons or monsters as one could hear their cry, roar or screeching sound. These dungeons once again stirred the calm ocean.

There was one good thing though. Monsters were present inside the dungeons only. They didn't come out or anything. People were still wondering what to do when America launched their missiles at one of the dungeons. The missile hit the dungeon and

BOOM

There was a large explosion. When the explosion and the dust settled, it was seen that the missiles did no damage to the dungeon at all. And it was to note that that dungeon was one of the smallest one. This proved that human had no way to fare with these dungeons right now.