Chapter 9 - Uno ♡

Max's POV-

The whole friend group chose to sit together in the cafeteria, and Dustin had brought his Uno cards for us to play with. But, of course, Mike and Lucas weren't following the real rules and they kept cheating.

"You two idiots obviously don't know how to play this game." I sighed, slamming my deck on cards onto the surface of the rectangular cafeteria table.

"It's not my fault you're losing" Mike shrugged.

"And it's not my fault I caught you sucking Will's face off at that party, but here we are." I smiled sarcastically.

"Ooooooooooooh!" Lucas exclaimed immaturely, cupping his mouth.

Jane laughed, "That was a good one!" She held up a hand, and I slapped it with my own.

"How many times do I have to tell you?? Stop bringing that up! Mind your own business!" Mike's cheeks turned red from embarrassment. I knew the easiest way to get him angry was to talk about him and Will.

"Hmm" I pretended to think, "How about.. No."

Mike huffed, burying his face in the sleeves of his hoodie. Will didn't really get triggered like Mike, he just got a bit flustered and ignored the situation.

"Wait.. so you're saying that Mike is actually gay? He really kissed Will??" Dustin asked, clueless to the situation. I sighed at him.

"I told you the story like five times, Dustin." I responded, grabbing a grape off of Jane's tray.

"Food thief" Jane mumbled playfully.

"You hate grapes, dummy" I poked her nose, chomping on another one of her grapes.

Jane's cheeks turned pink at the skin contact and she turned her face to the side to hide it.

Dustin sat there, shocked. "I thought that was a joke.."

"Are you guys dating or something?" Lucas asked the gay teenage boys.

Will shuffled uncomfortably, while Mike opened his mouth to say something that never came out. His train of thought crashed and suddenly he couldn't speak at all.

"Mike.exe has stopped working" I announced, chuckling. Dustin laughed so hard at my joke, that he spit his milk out of his mouth and it splattered all over me and Jane.

"Shit" I mumbled, grabbing a napkin off of Jane's tray and wiping my face off.

"Sorry.." Dustin mumbled, wiping his mouth off.

"Hey!" Jane exclaimed at me, pouting as she crossed her arms. She was obviously mad that I didn't just use my own napkin.

"Be patient, ok princess? You'll have your turn with the napkin" I said sarcastically, wiping every inch of my face off. I didn't want any of Dustin's spit on my face.

Jane sighed heavily, her face burning red. I knew she was trying to act all angry on the outside but I knew she was a mushy mess on the inside from the nickname I called her.

I stopped wiping my face off, and used my free hand to turn her face towards me. Her pupils dilated, and her eyes traveled to my lips. I knew what she was thinking, but I just wiped off her face, taking my sweet precious time. I knew I was torturing her, since our faces were only six inches apart.

I still wasn't sure where our relationship stood, I knew we were probably more than friends but something in between. I hadn't confirmed anything with her that night, we only kissed two times at the party and that was it.

As I finished wiping off her face, I smirked, slowly releasing her jaw from my grip and dropping the napkin onto her tray.

"I thought you guys were gonna make out for a second there" Lucas raised his eyebrows, laughing slightly.

"Maybe we were" I joked, shrugging playfully.

I could feel Jane's eyes staring at me intensively. Lucas snickered at my joke, "You guys could make a gay club with Will and Mike!"

"Shut the hell up already Lucas!" Mike replied angrily.

I could tell Lucas was joking, but it would've been hilarious if we actually started a gay club.

I glanced over at Jane, to see she was already looking at me of course. Damn she must really wanna kiss.

"What do you think?" I asked her jokingly about the gay club idea that Lucas brought up.

She looked as if she'd been snapped into reality. Her eyes widened as she glanced at the boys and back to me, confusion planted in her eyes. "Uhm, what?" She scratched the back of her neck.

"You were like.. really spaced out" I grinned.

She coughed awkwardly, trying to completely snap out of it. "Yeah, I just got lost in my thoughts of.. that paper that's due today in chemistry class."

"We don't even take chemistry" Mike furrowed his eyebrows.

"I meant science class" She corrected herself unconvincingly.

I raised my eyebrows suspiciously at the brunette, she sent me an eye roll in response.

"Anyways, are we done with uno?" Dustin asked, his hand hovering over the main deck.

Everyone nodded, and the curly haired boy cleaned up his cards, stacking them neatly and putting them into his pocket with caution.

I felt the need to mess with Jane more, and what's a better way to mess with her than a little trick?

I glanced at her shirt, pointing at it. "Jane, what's on your shirt?" I asked.

Jane glanced down at her shirt, "Wha-"

I lifted my hand up and it slapped against her chin, pointing it up. She slapped my hand away, rolling her eyes.

"You fell for it!" I teased.

"I'll get you back.." She sighed, resting her chin on her fist propped up against the table.