Chapter 7

TW: eating disorder, self harm

Lily's stomach was churning at the thought of having to see her coach again. She would not be able to hide her emotions, especially from JJ and Emily. As they arrived at the venue, both of the sisters went to warm up, while JJ and Emily made their way to the bleachers. The two profilers decided to invite the whole team over to support their girls.

Lily's friend Tess had saved her a spot next to her to warm up.

"Hey Lily! You ready for today, I think you are gonna win, you're the best on the team!"

Lily smiled, "No, you're better"

JJ and Emily smiled as they loved seeing their girls so happy. Lily was first up on beam, she was the super nervous because all she could feel was her coach's eyes staring her down and if she made one wrong move she knew what was coming. Thankfully, she made it through her routine, sticking the dismount. There were a few flaws here and there but overall a good routine. Her coach seemed pleased enough as well saying, "Well, that was good enough for now" he smiled evilly. This made Lily cringe, but she quickly smiled not wanting her parents to sense her uneasiness. Charlotte had also done well on her routine for bars. Both girls made their way through their events, Lily getting an almost perfect score on bars. Overall, it was a good day for both girls as they both had won all-arounds for their age division. After the meet they went to JJ and Emily an the team.

"Wow you guys were amazing" Morgan exclaimed.

"We are so proud of you both" JJ and Emily said pulling both their girls into a hug.

Just then, their gymnastics came up behind them, making Lily jump.

"Whoops, sorry didn't mean to scare ya, just wanted to see your parents and tell them how great you both are" their coach said. Lily was silently screaming, digging her nails into her arm. She couldn't stand him being this close to her, but she didn't want to show any uneasiness, since she was surrounded by profilers.

"Why thank you, I know I'm pretty great" Charlotte chuckled. Lily was just staring at the ground.

"Lily what do you say?" JJ said.

"Thanks" Lily muttered, still staring at the ground. JJ and Emily were mad at the girl's attitude, but they didn't want to cause a scene here.

Morgan immediately noticed the uneasiness in Lily and decided to talk about it with her later.

"Well that means a lot, thank you for taking care of our girls" JJ replied to the man.

"Sure thing. I have to get back now, but good job today guys" he said as he waved and walked away. Lily let out a sigh of relief and the team left to go and eat dinner.

"Hey, Lily you wanna ride with me to dinner?" Morgan asked the young girl.

"Sure" Lily replied, not wanting to be with Emily or JJ at the moment.

"You would tell me if anyone was hurting you, right?" Morgan started as they drove to Olive Garden to meet the rest of the team.

"Yea" Lily lied. Crap, he knows.

Morgan looked over at the young girl. He knew something was up, but he didn't want to push too far. They soon got to the restaurant and met up, Lily was thankful the awkward car ride was over. The team sat and ate dinner together, talking about the meet and how good Charlotte and Lily were.

After that, they headed home to get some much needed rest. Lily hadn't gotten much sleep since yesterday and she was completely drained, but she knew if she slept she would get another nightmare and she didn't want to explain anything to JJ and Emily if she woke up screaming. She tried to stay up as much as she could but she couldn't, as her exhaustion took over at around 1.