That ship has sailed...

"This girl is strange!" Kevin said and opened the door of Samuel's private room. His eyes popped out as soon as he entered the room. Someone jumped out from the window while Samuel was writhing. Kevin ran towards the window but he couldn't see anybody. He turned back to Samuel and blood drained from his face.

"What the heck!! Doctor… doctor…" he screamed for help and ran outside to bring the doctor.

   ------------------ 

"He is alright! He is alright! He is alright! He is alright! He is alright!" Kevin was constantly murmuring in an inaudible voice. Samuel was taken to the emergency room. It has been thirty minutes since the doctor told Kevin to wait outside while they operate him.

The doctor came out from the room, taking off his gloves and mask. Kevin jumped to his feet and approached the doc. "H-How is Sam- Samuel doctor? He is fine-isn't he?" Kevin stuttered.

"He is out of danger now. No need to worry young man." The doctor replied in an uneasy way. "I hope you are not angry with us now," he continued with a hesitant smile on his face. 

Kevin raised an eyebrow and looked at the doctor. It took him a minute to understand why the doctor said that. He recalled what happened while Samuel was writhing.

"What the heck!! Doctor… doctor…" Kevin screamed for help and ran outside to bring the doctor. 

"What's wrong Sir? Please don't shout. It's a hospital" the nurse arrived from the room adjacent to Samuel's. 

"Nurse, Call doctor immediately. It's an emergency." He shouted, not caring about the rules. The nurse nodded. She ran to call the doctor and He hurried back to Samuel.

"Samuel," he yelled from the door. "Man, you are gonna be perfectly fine. Hang up there." He took Samuel's hand in his. 

"D-", Samuel opened his mouth to say something.

"No Sam. Don't do that. What should I do? I'll call the police." Kevin fetched his phone from his pocket. Unexpectedly, he felt a strong squeeze on his hand making him squirm. Consequently, his eyes landed on his hand which was under Sam's strong grip. Dumbfounded, Kevin looks at Sam with his mouth agape.

"DON'T" Sam somehow managed to utter that. Kevin's brows furrowed in confusion. "What?! Wh-Why? I don't understand this. The police needs to catch that person-", before Kevin could finish, he again felt a strong squeeze on his hand making him look Sam directly in his eyes.

Sam's eyes were enlarged to an unusual extent. He slowly shook his head from left to right, to say 'NO'. 

"Sam, Man! What the heck is all this!" Kevin was disappointed by this time. He looked at Samuel again, his big eyes were begging him not to tell anything to anyone. "What am I supposed to do now?" He thought to himself. 

The doctor arrived in the room along with two other nurses. Looking at the condition of the patient, he immediately ordered the nurse to shift him to the emergency room. 

"What happened to him, doctor?" Kevin's voice quavered. 

"We can't say anything right now", The doctor replied while examining Sam.

"You need to check the CCTV footage. I think someone tried to kill him." Kevin yelled in panic. 

"What?" the doctor immediately turned to Kevin. 

"Yes! I saw someone jumping out from the window" 

"Nurse, call the security. This is a police case. One of the nurses pressed a button on the wall ringing a bell. Meanwhile Sam was ready to be taken to the emergency room.