3.0

I got out of bed carefully trying not to wake Matthew. I walked out of the bedroom. Emma and SJ were on the floor playing and Matt was in the kitchen.

I walked passed my kids kissing them both on the head then walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning"

"Good morning beautiful"

I smiled, blushing a little.

"We've been together what 6, 7 years and I can still make you blush" he added

"Shut up" I laughed

I saw Matthew walking out of the bedroom and I walked over to him. I bent down so I was his height. He immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"Lyssa" Matthew spoke

"Yeah?"

"When can I see my mommy and daddy?"

I was at loss for words. I had no idea what to say to him. I looked over at Matt.

"Hey Matthew come here" Matt called

It was like he forgot he asked a question and he walked over to Matt.

"Matthew, this is Emma and SJ"

Matthew sat down on the floor and played with them. I walked into the kitchen, with Matt following me. I sat down and placed my head in my hands.

"We shouldn't have done this. I can't-" I started

"Look at me"

I shook my head.

"Lyss, look at me"

I pulled my face out of my hands, locking eyes with Matt.

"It's okay. I promise you it's okay." he said

"I feel horrible about this"

"Why? You did absolutely nothing wrong."

I stood up and Matt instantly wrapped his arms around me. He rocked me back and forth as he kissed the top of my head.

"It's okay" he reassured me one last time

______

"Who wants to go to the park?" Matt asked

"Me!" Matthew yelled

"Park" Emma replied, she was finally starting to say real words

SJ just clapped his hands. Matt pulled out the stroller and strapped SJ in. I took the stroller from him and Matthew grabbed my other hand. Matt picked up and carried Emma. He absolutely adored her.

"How's my princess?" he asked her and she giggled in response

We walked to the park. Matt and I followed the kids around for a good two hours. I sat down on a bench and watched Matt with the kids. I saw him interact with them everyday but it honestly melted my heart each time.

______

"How's the pizza?" I asked

"Good" Matt replied

"Yummy" Matthew said

After we ate dinner, Matt and I changed the kids. Matt had put Matthew's bed together so he had an actual bed now.

Matt put Emma and SJ to bed and I took Matthew.

"Goodnight baby" I said and kissed his forehead

______

I sat on the couch curled up next to Matt.

"I'm so lucky to have you" Matt said

"I'm the one who's lucky"

We were interrupted from our thoughts when Matthew's door opened. Matthew walked out carrying his little stuffed animal. I could immediately see a small tear on his cheek. He looked over at Matt and I on the couch.

"Come here" I said

He walked over and climbed onto the couch and I pulled him into my lap. I held him in my arms and rocked him back and forth as tears fell down his face.

"You're okay" I kept repeating

After a few minutes his eyes started closing.

"I'm here. Mommy is right here"

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I haven't been feeling great and I'm having a sweet sixteen on friday so im really busy but after that i should be updating more frequently

xoxo

-lyss