1.3

Kristen and I sat at the table eating dinner. I wasn't really in the mood for eating so I kind of just sat there.

"You should really try and eat something. Only if it's just a little bit." Kristen said

"I'm just not that hungry"

I heard Emma crying so I got up and went to get her. I picked her up and sat down in the rocking chair.

"Hi baby you're okay"

I was so emotionally drained I started crying. Emma's crying had stopped but mine didn't, my phone started ringing and I saw it was Matt.

"H-Hi" I managed to say

"Hey babe"

"H-How w-was your-"

"Are you crying? Are you okay?"

"Uh I-I'm f-fine"

"Don't lie to me"

"I'm not"

"I know your voice when you're crying. I knew it was a bad idea to take this job."

"No Matt, I wanted you to go."

"I'm sorry I left you. I'll be back really soon."

"O-Okay"

"I love you baby girl"

"I love you too"

After I got off the phone, Emma was asleep in my arms. I got up and put her in her crib. Matt and I had moved Emma's crib into our room. I got into bed and I slowly fell asleep.

//one week later//

I woke up at 1am to crying and I couldn't do it. I'm so physically and emotionally drained.

"Please stop crying" I pleaded from my bed

A minute later Kristen walked through the door.

"I'll take her" she said

"Thank you"

After Kristen walked out I broke down for the fourth time this week. I grabbed my phone and facetimed Matt.

His face appeared on my screen and I felt bad knowing I woke him up.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head

"It's gonna start getting easier, I promise."

"Can you stay on facetime while I sleep?" I asked

"Of course. Goodnight, sweet dreams babe. I love you."

"I love you too Matt"

this isn't that long sorry

xoxo

-lyss