Monkey King X Reader [Gender Neutral! Demon]

A/N: For this story the reader is a forest demon, they have the power to grow plants. I apologize if this seems like an MK x reader at the start. This story is unedited, I looked over it twice, but it's 2 AM so I might have missed some errors.

Requested By: @Blue_Ryuu17

____

(Y/N) sighed as they had finally approached the food place they've come to frequent known as Pigsy's Noodles. Yawning, they leaned against the wall as they waited for MK to show up, knowing him it'd take a bit as the demon knew how the boy loved to sleep in. After about ten minutes waiting for the successor, they decided to trek up to the apartment that MK stayed in and climb through an open window. Weird for a demon to do that, especially one that doesn't wear a disguise like most do, but the people of the city knew they weren't here to cause problems for them. Speaking of people, an old timer even gave (Y/N) a wave as she saw them struggle to enter the window, they had awkwardly waved back before finally entering the apartment.

"MK," the forest demon called out, "You up already? We were supposed to be at Mount Huango about fifteen minutes ago... also you really have to close your windows." The last part of their sentence was said in a hushed tone. "Oh come on." Was the reply they gave as (Y/N) saw their friend knocked out with his alarm blaring in his ear. Rough night, they thought as the demon gently shook MK. When he wouldn't get up, (Y/N) decided to use their last resort. "MK PIGSY SAID YOU'RE FIRED!"

"wHAT?!" The monkey 'man' immediately shot up, getting dressed at the speed of light until he finally realized half way through his routine that he was off that day. "Wait a minute...," MK turned to face his friend, "I'm off today- and how did you get into my house?!" (Y/N) shrugged, letting out a small laugh before leaving their friend to finish getting dressed. MK complained to his friend the entire time as he finished, something about being scared half to death over the loss of his job. (Y/N) wouldn't really get it, the city kind of pays them to live in the place they have as some sort of gratitude for not reeking havoc over the city. It was funny, really.

The two gathered outside, but not before (Y/N) was satisfied with the security of MK's house. If they were going to be late to MK's training, the demon decided they should have a better reason than MK sucks at getting up in the morning. Nodding in approval, (Y/N) held onto their friend as he pulled his staff out of his ear before catapulting them both into the air with it.

After crossing the sea at a high speed, they landed at the base of Mount Huango. "Here we are! Flower fruit mountain, home of the Monkey King an-" MK's grand explanation was cut short due to his friend zipping past him and stopping mere inches away from a baby monkey trying to enjoy a fruit it had found in peace. Poor thing almost had a heart attack.

"Oh. My. Goodness," the forest demon said as they gently picked up the baby monkey as if it were Simba," This is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I think I died and went to cute heaven." (Y/N)'s outburst caused MK to stand in shock for a bit, usually his friend was very calm and reserved. He decided to shrug it off and follow them as the two were watched by curious eyes the more they continued up the mountain. MK would probably have to knock (Y/N) out before he'd be able to take that baby monkey out of their hands though.

Throughout the walk, the two came across more baby monkeys along with different vegetation, which (Y/N) was very happy about. Using a bit of their powers, they were able to grow some flowers and fruit to unusual sizes gaining the trust of the baby monkeys who let out happy screeches. MK had to be used as a bit of a shield for (Y/N) when their shyness took over, he didn't mind of course.

It was almost midday when they had arrived at the base of the waterfall, (Y/N) already tired out from walking and using their power to make the baby monkeys happy with fruit. Even the baby monkey they "borrowed" was happily nesting on their head, eyes closed and tummy full. Carefully stepping over the rocks, MK opened the waterfall and guided (Y/N) through the cave. "Why is there just a big hole in the wall?" The plant demon asked, making MK sweat drop.