Monkey King x Reader [GN! Ghost/Spirit! Reader]

A/N: I almost choked on a Mazapán- I also have to really stop relying on using MK as a sibling dynamic and a way for the reader to meet Monkey King........... nah.

I had a planned demon for (Y/N) to be, but it had been so long that I just. Gave them a random ability. Whoops.

Ngl, I took advantage of being the author with ghost physics, so they're a little wonky whoops-

Requested by: @AJK_Wonderz

____

He can't remember exactly when the ghost had started following him and his friends around. MK supposed that they came after his encounter with Demon Bull King, a pain had run through his head and an unfamiliar person was there for a second and gone the next. The others had looked at him weird when he asked if they saw the person too.

Maybe it was just his imagination... or not.

Even without his eyes of truth, MK could still see the person floating and following him around. He didn't think anything of it - they weren't hurting anyone.

After the Spider Queen incident with Pigsy and Tang, MK had speculated whether or not he would be able to communicate with this ghost. He'd never know if they were truly a friend or a foe if he didn't. Thus, because of this thought, he had befriended the one called (Y/N).

When he listened to their story, he couldn't help but feel pity on them. They were missing a great deal of their memories, but were able to remember all of the good ones. It would be a little selfish to admit that MK was kind of glad that (Y/N) didn't remember, with their outgoing personality he was listening to at least a 10 hour retelling of their life. Sure MK loves a good story, but only ones with the Monkey King could ever get his attention that way.

Speaking of the great Sun Wukong, he refuses to listen to MK about seeing (Y/N) with his eyes of truth. Every time MK tries, the great sage brushes him off and instead sends him on a new training mission. It's almost like he doesn't like (Y/N)... if that was the case, MK was glad the ghost was oblivious to it. They were really nice, and he wouldn't want their feelings to be hurt. One would say the kid had gotten rather attached to them - an older brother vibe if you will.

"MK- MK- MK!" A voice yelling in his ear pulled him out of his trance and he recognized it to be (Y/N)'s. A game over sound effect played in front of him, causing him to focus on what his hands were holding. Joysticks? Why was he holding joysticks? Last thing he remembered was going to deliver the order for Pigsy and having to work on not being distracted or he'd be... fired...

Frantically getting off the game, he fixed his bandana, "Oh no, (Y/N)! I got distracted, Pigsy is going to totally fire me!" (Y/N) sweat dropped at his revelation.

"I know you lost focus- I've been waiting in the cart for an hour getting honked at!" The ghost replied in a huff as they quickly chased after him and sat in the passenger seat. Luckily, they had made it just in time as the brunette sped off quickly. How he didn't have any cops on his tail they would never know.

As MK broke numerous speed limits, he began to tell (Y/N) his plan for the rest of the trip, "Nothing - and I mean nothing is going to stop me- mhf!" (Y/N) yelped as the car came to a screeching halt, causing them to fly through the windshield. Hey, being dead means not worrying about seatbelts, okay? Besides, MK isn't wearing one either... but somehow got hit in the face with a soccer ball...

But that didn't matter! In an effort to help their friend deliver the order as fast as he could, (Y/N) launched the ball at the kids who were trying to coerce MK into playing soccer with them. "Watch where you kick the ball!" They shouted, "We won't let you trick us into playing your game forever!!"