Reunited

Elizabeth has been riding around the docks in the east, hoping to find a sign of her brothers and father by the coastlines. When she sees none, she heads into the nearest towns in hopes of seeing a glimpse of them. Some days, one of the girls joins her, and other days, Kieran does.

The place is still crawling with Pinkertons, but none of them recognize her.

She had a few run-ins with Angelo Bronte's men, now under Guido Martelli. They recognize her, but are given orders not to engage her—whether it be in combat or conversation. Especially after Guido Martelli himself had caught one of his men dragging her down to the police station.

"I thought I told you to run away, Elizabeth?"

"And go where, Guido? My father, my brothers are missing. I need to find them before the law does. Neither you or your gang can stop me," she says, not looking him in the eye. Despite the circumstances, they both find it hard to keep their hearts in check.

All Guido wants is to pull her in his arms, and all Elizabeth wants is to kiss him on the lips. They want to pretend that nothing had come between them, but neither of them want to live a life of lies like that.

At the end of the day, Elizabeth is Elizabeth and Guido is Guido. Both bad people with bad reputations. It will never work out between them, especially with where their loyalties lie.

"Just give me a few days. I won't bring any trouble unless trouble comes for me," Elizabeth says. "You know that this is dangerous, my love," Guido says, trying to dismiss his slip of the tongue. "Are you not worried that they will recognize you?"

"The people that can recognize me are six feet underground," Elizabeth says quietly l, finally looking him in the eye. "You forget who you're talking to, Martelli. I told you before, I leave no witnesses to remember my face."

Martelli runs his hand through his hair with a sigh. He shakes his head in disbelief of himself and drags his palm down his face. "Alright," he says finally. "I won't interfere with any of your business. I will tell my men to leave you be. But just so you know," he says looking at her. "That means I will not come save you if the law tries to take you."

Elizabeth scoffs at his implication. "That is, if they catch me first."

Though she is often with company, she finds herself alone on this particular day, scouting the town in the early hours of the morning. She's about to give up and head back to camp when she sees a familiar man being surrounded by lawmen at the port.

She gets off of Luna, taking the throwing knives Bill gave her months ago, and sneaks up to the group cornering one Micah Bell. "Hm, sounds tempting, boys," he says, catching a glimpse of the girl as she hides behind the crates on the docks. "But I think I'll pass," he adds. The agents aim at him, ready to fire. "Last chance, Mr. Bell. You can have your freedom, your name will be cleared and we won't have to hunt you down if you just take down the gang. That bunch of lawless scum will crumble to the ground and you will get to live to tell the tale of how you outlived them all. Or you can die with that shit of society that you insist on calling a family. Your choice."

"Like I said, I'll pass," was the outlaw's reply just as three knives make their way into the heads of three agents, leaving four confused. "Them folks kind of grown on me since I've been with them," he says with a smirk.

The four remaining agents turn, only for two of them to come face to face with a blade. There, Elizabeth stands with knives between her fingers. The agents shoot at her as she ducks for cover and miss before being wrestled by Micah. Micah wins easily, taking one of their guns and shoots them both. He keeps the guns, and proceeds taking some of their valuables as well. "This ain't no time to be lootin', you fool, come on," Elizabeth hisses as she whistles for Luna.