Chapter 7

7 years ago.

Chris rang tom at 3am on a thursday evening not able to get his words out so he drove straight to the distressed mans penthouse and within minuties he was there."Fuck" his hand was pressed to his hot forehead as he stressed the words out of his mouth as he shut the door behind him absorbing the scene. 

Tom put his hand on Chris' shoulder as his eyes began burning "I didnt mean it Tom, What do we do, what do I do I didnt want to drag you into this you dont deserve it, do we call someone fuck man I dont know what to do" chris spat out choking over his words as fear washed over his face in a pale colour. 

"Leave it." Tom didnt take his eyes off of what was infront of him as he spoke, "dont tell anyone and we will deal with this" his voice was tight in his throat as he thought about what had just happened and took into account how Chris was feeling. 

"Lets get a drink after, nothing a bit of tequila cant solve" Tom said holding his worry back with a smile to comfort the blonde who had quickly swiped the tear that fell from his cheek.  "Yeah, thanks Tom, i really mean it, i wouldnt know what to do without you, I wouldnt know who else to tell" Chris spoke rubbing the back of his head with one hand as the other stablised him against the wall.

The present.

Eva opened her laptop to check her emails. 

"History 207 is cancelled for today. apolgies to anyone i have let down including myself. I have attached an assignment for you all to complete as extra credit I expect it back by 6pm. Have a good day. Email if you have any worries.

Professor Hiddleston. "

She sighed before typing an email to back to her professor asking if he is okay and thanking him for the work before closing her laptop again. She wondered if he was okay, it was unusual for Tom to not attend he was always punctuate even with a cold so she knew he must be really ill. The man has really gotten to her head more than she wanted him to.

Jody and Eva werent as close recentley due to them both being occipied with boys but Jody only knew about Chris and not Tom. With those thoughts she tet jody asking if she wanted to meet for coffee or go out later to get drinks and quicker than the message had sent she blew Eva off for Wes her boytoy. 

Eva knew where Tom lived from the party that Chris took her to and it ended up being his house. She thought how wrong it could be if she was caught but she didnt want Tom to be alone feeling like shit. Eva got a variety of food from the shop and with that, took a taxi to his house.

Three knocks distubed Tom from the thoughs on his couch. He rolled off of his side and to his feet and didnt even pick his feet up as he came to the handle of his front door resting his hand on it for a second before pushing it down and opened it. 

"Surpirse" Eva spoke softly as the handsome professor opened his door in his pyjamas, his eyebags drawn dark under his eyes. He smiled, not a smirk this time, a genuine smile formed on his face before he spoke "Eva love, come in". He didnt acknoledge the two bags of snacks and souo in her hand till he closed his door and heard a thud on the table as he walked over. 

She turned to the tall tired man and hugged him. It had been a while since someone showed intimate affection so he hesitated to retun the favour but did as he took the scent of the caring young girl in. She didnt have to travel to him just to check in, but she did. 

She was thoughtful and he liked that about her. She puts everyone and anyone above her. She pulled away from the hug leaving the moment to settle in the air.

 "So, i brought some snacks and my snobby professor cancelled the lecture for today so i thought we could watch a movie" she said, sarcasm hinting through the most of her sentence. A soft chuckle left Toms chest as he agreed taking the food the girl had brought placing it on the coffee table and sitting next to Eva on his soft couch their legs leaning against each other. 

"Are you okay Tom , you look like you havent slept" Eva observed her eyes staring at his dark circles. Her hand met his face with her thumb caressing his under eye, his eyes shut for a moent enjoying the care that was being given to him.

 "I didnt sleep much dear, you dont have to worry about me" Tom replied his hand placed over hers on his cheek stopping her momement ever so slighly as he enjoyed it just to show he appreciated it and that he needed it. 

A few hours had passed the pairs legs were now intertwined and Tom had his head in the crook if Evas neck as she ran her fingers through his hair and down his back. Tom didnt feel hot or have a fever which was rather weird to Eva. He did seem off and he usually wasnt one to give into being cared for yet here he was his lips parted his eyes shut and he was deep in sleep. 

What Eva didnt know is that Every year on the same day, he couldnt sleep. His thoughts drew back to the event that had partaken seven years ago. However to Tom and Chris it felt like it happened the day before. But here she was rubbing his head with a smile on her face enjoying the moments she spent with him and he enjoyed every moment too, when he didnt flick back to that time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1014 words) Short chapter today guys but a lot to unfold ! Im so sorry that it isnt a great chapter im trying to find the flow again due to my day off as i was ill but i hope that you enjoy because it was fun to write. Fun fact lol i write a summary for each paragraph in a diary before i write it to prevent writers block and i write a list of words in a column to spark ideas!! 

what did chris do that traumatised them both? will you find out? who knows?