Chapter 66

TimeSkip: 3 Days Later
Mieko's Pov: 

"Why didn't you text me back?"

"I got caught." 

"Aghhh I'm sorry, I feel so bad and I you know,"

"It's fine."

"I still don't understand why you didn't stop me." 

"Why not?"

Yukio hit me and I snickered. 

"Plus I never knew you could throw it back so well."

"Do you want me to stab you!" 

"I would say kidding but I'm not."

Yukio started hitting me again. We didn't have practice today so we walked to the park. 

"I have such a bad hangover." 

"I would be more surprised if you didn't." 

"You're so mean to me."

"Do you want to get something to eat."

"Ooo yeah!" 

We walked to pizza hut and Yukio blushed. 

"Wait!"

"Huh?"

"Did we?!"

"Huh?"

"Like..." He made a gesture with his hand and I shook my head. He let out a sigh of relief. On Saturday dad and I went to Yukio's house. I had to tell Yukio and his parents what happened. It was super embarrassing. When we got to pizza hut we got one pizza and barbecue wings. 

"Wings..." 

"Did you even eat lunch?"

"No, I tried to pack it yesterday but my sister ate it."

"Damn poor you then." 

I got up and got the pizza and wings. I brought them to the table. The pizza hut was empty we were the only people there. 

"If I eat all the wings don't be mad." 

"If you eat all the wings I'ma fight you."

"So mean~ I didn't eat lunch and I had four miniature muffins for breakfast."

"Look there's 8 wings, you get four I get four." 

He pouted as we started to eat. We weren't suppose to be near each other but that really wasn't going to happen.  We started eating, the sky got darker and once we finished eating we left. We got to the park where we usually spilt up. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Can we... talk real quick."

"Sure? What's wrong." 

"I heard that police showed up to Lila's party like ten minutes after we left and everyone got finned." 

"I got good intuition." 

"Yeah you sure do, I'm so sorry I made us go."

"Really it's no problem..." 

He took a deep breath before pecking my lips. I blushed and he started walking away.

"Wait-!" I grabbed his arm and turned him around. I gave him a kiss. When our lips broke apart he smiled. 

"I really like you Mieko." 

"I... like you too." 

He smiled and started walking home. I did the same and I blushed. I really just kissed him. Does this mean we're dating now. When I got home mom and dad we're in the kitchen. 

"You're home late for someone who didn't have practice today."

"S-sorry, sleepy, night." I said going into my room. I put my things down and put a pillow over my face. I can't believe we actually kissed. Mom came into my room and he looked at me confused.

"Mom get out of my room,"

"What's wrong."

"Nothing just get out of my room,"

"Tell me what's wrong then I might get out your room."

I stayed quiet and I turned over. Mom sighed and started playing with my hair. I was comforted by his smell. The thought of me and Yukio kissing freaked me out for some reason. I realized that I liked him but I don't think I can handle my emotions for him. I wasn't even able to see him today. 

"Mieko... I can't fix it if you don't tell me." 

"You don't have to fix anything nothing's broken." 

"You're freaking out right now."

"We kissed mom, like actually!"

"You and Yukio?"

"Yes!"

"No need to yell."

"Get out~!" 

"So why are you freaking out don't you like him."

"Yeah but I-"

"You?"

"... ugh you're so annoying." 

Mom laughed and kept playing with my hair. He kissed my forehead and smiled. 

"Well I guess I'll leave now, did you eat already?"

"Yeah, I just want to sleep." 

"Alright. I'll let you "sleep" but I don't want to hear here "sleeping"." 

"Mom! I actually going to sleep!"

"Yeah I used that one before, didn't work out well."

"Mom!"