CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.

When Liliya attempted to find Aleksander, she was quick to discover that he was busy. A soft huff escaped her lips but she pushed it to the back of her mind. There was nothing she could do now so she pushed it off, walking towards her room. It had been turned into a hide-out for Genya and Liliya knocked against the door.

She heard a voice inside and smiled, pushing the door open. Genya was sat on the bed, flicking through a book aimlessly. Liliya kicked the door shut behind her and walked over, jumping onto the bed and lying down next to her. Her simile spreading wider as she rested back. Genya looked down, meeting her gaze.

"You look atrocious," Genya commented. Liliya shrugged and lifted her fingers towards her lips, pressing against the wound.

"You could help," Liliya said as she met the woman's gaze. Genya hummed in thought before she adjusted her seat and held her hands out, waiting for Liliya to move. The redhead then sat up and Genya ran her thumb along her bottom lip. Then she ran her thumb along her bruised eye and once the tingling sensation had passed, it was healed.

"Much better," Genya said before she pulled back and went back to flicking through the book. Liliya rolled her eyes and then shuffled forward on the bed, lying on her back. Her gaze on the ceiling as she rested her hands against her stomach.

"I missed you," Liliya admitted, not meeting the other woman's gaze. Genya smirked and closed the book, placing it down on the bedside table. She then adjusted the kefta around her as she sat up straighter against the bed.

"Of course you would," She shrugged. A hint of arrogance laced her tone but her words were airy, vaguely amused. Her smirk then fell into a soft smile, looking down at Liliya, "I missed you too. Did you find anything?" Genya questioned. Liliya shook her head and rolled onto her side, adjusting her head so she was looking up. Her eyes straining a little.

"No. Just.... Nothing," Liliya muttered, a soft huff escaping her lips. She then rolled onto her back again, closing her eyes. Her hands staying rested against her stomach. Her meeting with Roma hadn't helped either. They were both still at a deadend and now there was a possibility of Isaak returning. None of this was going how she had hoped.

"You'll find something and if you don't, I'm sure you can keep Kirigan pre-occupied," Genya shrugged. A hint of teasing in her tone. Liliya chuckled and opened her eyes. The reminder of his presence on her hips. The pain wasn't there any longer, just a dull reminder if she pressed against it in the wrong way.

"He keeps me occupied," Liliya corrected. Genya nodded and then glanced over at Liliya's neck. There were a few bruises littered across her neck that she could see peaking from the top of her black kefta.

"I can tell," Genya said and the two fell into a comfortable silence. Liliya adjusted the sleeves of the kefta before beginning to unbutton it. It suddenly felt suffocating so she was quick to throw it on the floor. That was until she realised that she should 'treat it with respect' as Kirigan continued to remind her.