~ S E V E N | E S C A P E ~

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Escape- يهرب

Why did the man she hate become the only man she could think of? 

"Usman, I need you."

"What do you mean she's gone!" the fury within him could not be tamed. Laila was missing. She had not returned with the other women.

Maryam running to him in panic, shouting that Laila had been kidnapped. The others joined, speaking of men who had taken her.

"These men were at the well too. Whilst we searching for her, they rode off and someone spotted Laila laying over the camel. We tried to chase them but they were too far gone-" she broke into sobs as she remembered. Hassan came to her side, placing his hand on her back in comfort.

He looked towards Usman, who was deep in thought.

"Usman" he called, bringing his sheikh's attention back to reality.

As though he had been pushed, Usman immediately grabbed his sword and ran towards his horse.

He couldn't be stopped. Hearing and seeing nothing.

Laila.

The horse almost flew across the camp and into the sweltering heat, leaving behind the men who waited for instructions.

"The desert is relentless and he is going with nothing but a sword and horse. I am not worried but I will not leave him alone" Hassan signalled for Maryam to bring more supplies. She nodded her head and ran to grab her husband's sword along with some food and water.

"Ali, Ibrahim and Hamza you are to come with me" he called the loyalist out, watching as they immediately jumped onto their horses. His wife looked at him with tear stricken eyes.

"Be safe" she whispered as he caressed her cheek. "Inshallah" he replied before jumping onto his horse and following his leader.

They would find her.

-

Her body moved back and forth as she lay over the camel, heart pounding as she wondered where she was. At first, her eyes did not even open and she felt immediately nauseous.

"Help me" she whispered, hoping someone could hear. The ones who did were the same people  who put her in this position.

"She's awake" a man said, eyeing her as she attempted to sit up.

"Stop!" Laila ordered to no avail. The men laughed as one caressed her back, causing a scream to sound out from her mouth before she could stop it.

"Do not touch me!" she shouted, kicking her legs whilst trying to sit up. They only sniggered at her before stopping the camel and letting her fall to the ground.