Chapter 5

Its has been three day now since the cliff accident. Ever since that day Anya seemed to be popular. While Anya was helping her aunt cleaning the fruits. There was a movement outside the cave entry.

"Huh I wonder what going on?" Aunt Yin said while walking toward the cave exit as Anya followed behind. When the two females come outside their cave entry. They saw their males.

"Sutu why did you bring this killed beast here for?" The chief asked him.

"This beast is to give to Anya...for saving Sakura three days ago." Sutu replies dropping the beast on the ground near the cave entry.

"Ah... Brother Sutu you don't have to do that..." Anya said but was cut off by Sutu. "If you didn't help my female, she would have fell in the river. It would be too late for me to reach her on time." He said.

Anya nodded helplessly and except the dead beast. "Than I thank you brother Sutu for this." She said.

When Sutu left, Anya turned to look at the beast. The beast looked like a boar just with a long nose and tuck. 

"Bolin and London clean this beast up." Aunt Yin ordered.

"Oh Auntie I was wondering if I can use some part of the beast. I want to try to make a lard sealed pork. I hope that it can be stored when the winter come." Anya said.

Aunt Yin look at her niece: "What Anya said is true?! Then it would be good for the tribe during the winter!" Aunt Yin said with excitement. "come let's start it right now!." Aunt Yin said.

The process of the doing the lard sealed pork take half a day to finish. When it was finish there was about 10 big stone jars sitting at the corner of the cave. 

"Um this is good." Uncle Kou said with a big smile. "Anya will this method work with other beast?" Uncle Kou asked.

"I'm not sure but I have other method to preserve the meat from going bad." Anya replies. While she looked thought the original owner memory that these people don't know what salt is. But there is a tree that grows green fruit. When you spit open the fruits there is fine crystalline mineral in it.

"You said you have other method." Uncle Kou said

"Yes this method you only need salty fruit." Anya said. 

"Well I better lets everyone know now." Uncle said while walking out the cave with my two cousins right behind him.

Anya turned to look at her aunt. "Auntie I was wondering if there is anything else to use beside this furs that we can make clothes with. I feel so hot and stuffy every time summer comes and we have to wear this fur clothes." Anya said while pulling her top furs on her body.

"Mm...I think I have seen the grassland tribe was wearing something that look light during the trading day." Aunt Yin said.

When Anya heard what her aunt say. Her eye light up: "Oh.. can I go to the trading with you and uncle this time?" Anya asked "Um yes you can go." Aunt Yin said smiles at her niece.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Today Anya standing at the center square where everyone gathers for meeting. Watching everyone talking happily together about last night announcement from the chief. Anya has a feeling like someone is watching her. She turns her head to look around. Suddenly her eyes lock on with a dazzling black like the night sky eyes looking back at her. Anya face slowly blushed. She quickly looks down while biting her lower lip.

"Alright it look like everyone is here." The chief said looking at everyone. "Some of the females will follow my wife to collect the salty fruits back. So we can use it to preserves the prey that us orcs will bring back from the hunt. So hopefully this method would help us store foods during the winter season until spring season comes." The Chief told everyone. When everyone heard this, they all cheered.

While everyone was organizing into groups. Anya decided to greet Sakura's group. When they were greeting each other.

"Well, Anya you know even if you're joining them...that doesn't make you get any pretty. You're always going to stay ugly." Mingyi said loudly that everyone stopped what they was doing. 

"Mm...but I'm proud of being ugly." Anya said with a fake smiles.

Mingyi glared at Anya: "What are you proud of...if no orcs want you. Its mean you be alone for the rest of your life?!" 

 " Ow...what wrong with being alone?" Anya asked with one brow lifted up. "Beside I'm not alone. I have my aunt, uncle, cousins, and the tribe. So how am I going to be alone?" Anya said with a confused face. Anya saw her aunt and uncle with a proud face when they heard Anya say that.

"You...you..." Mingyi stutter. She turn around and left Anya's space.

As the groups started to walk in the forest.

"Anya don't listen to what Mingyi has just said." Meri said. The other females nodded their head in agreement. Anya just gives them a smile and kept walking forward. The females just watched Anya back. Feeling sad for Anya, just because she did not say anything. If Anya knew what these females think, she does not know if she should laugh or cry.

When Anya try to catch up with her aunt, her foot got tripped by a vine. As she fell toward the ground. Anya closed her eyes ready for the impact but it never came. She open her eyes slowly to find two arms wrap around her waist preventing her from falling. Anya turns her head toward the person who catch her. There she meets with the same eyes of the person who saved her during the cliff incident. 

"You alright?" the person ask while checking to see if she have any got injury with worry look.

Anya blinked for couple of seconds until she snapped out of her daze: "Uh yeah...I'm fine... Thank you again." She replies back trying to straighten herself up with the persons help. "I'm Anya. That time by the river I didn't get your name." Anya said with a big smile.

"I'm Zen." the person introduced himself to Anya. "Well nice to meet you Zen." Anya said "It's nice to meet you too Anya." Zen said with a small smile. Then Anya turns toward the vine that trip her. When Anya saw the vines and leaves of the plants. Her eye lids up and taken a quick step toward the plants and squat in front of the plants.

"What is it?" Zen asked while following behind Anya. When he saw Anya trying to dig the ground with a stick. He bent down and started to help dig the ground. "This kind of plants grow their fruit underground. Plus, this fruit can keep us full during the winter and we can store it for a long time too." Anya tries to explain while she picks up the pale yellow round the size that bigger than her fist to show Zen.

When everyone found out that the fruit grows under ground that can be eaten and another source of food that can be store during winter season. They were all happy that they spilt into two group. One group went up ahead to pick the salty fruits while the other group stayed and dig the ground for fruits. The four orcs that was told to watch the females from having any other accidents. They were the one who would transport them back to the center square. 

Anya watched how the men going back and forth. She felt tried just watching them because the animal skin did not really fit anything much. So, Anya looked around the area to see if she can find something. When she found some strong and thin vines. She started to gather the vines and weave a basket. When she finished Anya showed it to her aunt. Aunt Yin smiled in approval and asked Anya to teach the females how to make the baskets. With the baskets both of the fruits were transport back more easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again thank you for reading!