Chapter 7

When the morning sun was starting to rise, Anya was standing by the entry to the cave with her back basket watching the sun while waiting on her uncle and aunt. "Auntie can we go yet." Anya said to her aunt with pouted lip. "Alright we are ready. Let's go." Aunt Yin said helplessly. While her uncle give her a smile and walk out first as the two females follow him down the cave to the center square.

At the center square, Anya stood next to Zen holding hand while listening to her uncle who is the Chief of the tribe. Before Anya was about let go of Zen's hand to join the other females in the group. She and Zen saw Sutu making his way toward them.

"Hey Anya I wanted to thank you for saving Sakura yesterday." Sutu said while giving a simple nod toward Zen. Zen nodded back at Sutu. "Ah its okay Brother Sutu." Anya said waving her hands. "Uh...can you watch Sakura for me?" Sutu asked. "Sure of course! I think Sakura is too sweet to be bully. Don't you worry Brother Sutu." Anya said than she turn to Zen. "Alright I got to go I'll see you later in the evening yea." Anya said while given him a peak on the cheek in from of Sutu and the other males. Than she took off toward Sakura's group.

Zen just smile softly while watching his little female walk off. When he turned toward the hunting groups his cold stiff face was back in place. Some had chuckled and other just smiles while Zen walked past them.

Everywhere Anya turn she'll see someone bent on the ground picking mushrooms. She also tell them which one are edible to eat and which are poisonous one. So she's walking toward the riverbank. There she also found taro and water celery growing on the edge near of the river bank. So when the females finish picking the mushrooms. They continued collecting the taro and watch celery.

When they finish collecting, they all heading back. Anya was thinking for while now since she had come to this world. She had been looking and collecting fruits and vegetables to help the tribe people survive the harsh winter. But she had not found some food sources such as rice, corns, wheat, beans and more. She had asked her aunt if they can goes further into the forest. She even asked her uncle and cousins if they see those fruits or vegetables, but they have not seen it. 

She was planning to ask her uncle about planting foods this spring so that we have more foods in the winter. So its was just an excuse for her to bring out the seeds from her space. As for the clothing she have to wait for the trading day to see if there is cloths are made from the other tribe. Until than she just has to wait when spring comes around.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Winter is about to come, Anya can feel the chill of the wind against her cheeks when she is taking a walk with Zen. "Are you cold?" Zen asked when he looked at Anya face. He can see her face was blushing from the cold wind. "Let's go back." he said as he was about to pulled Anya back. "No, I'm okay..." Anya said with a smiles as she try to stop Zen from pulling her back. "Alright but let me know if its too cold to handle." Zen tells her. "Um Yes Sir." Anya answers. 

While they was walking Anya notice a plants that seem to look like radish leaves and flower buds. She got closer to see if that was radish seeds. Which it was so she and Zen toke all of the seeds back. So when spring come they can start planting fruits and vegetables.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The snow had finally fall and winter is here. Anya sitting inside the cave entry with Zen next to her watching the snow fall. This would be her first winter in this world. As Anya watched the scene while holding her bamboo cups filled with ginger tea. She was wondering about her old life in the other world. She wonder if her brother and sister are doing okay. If they would find her body by the stairs where she fell. When they come to check on her. But she just hope that they would be okay.

While Anya was thinking , Zen was watching her. He saw how her eyes lids up just watching the snow fall. Than later he see her face became sad for some reason. It make him feel uncomfortable. "Hey, What wrong?" Zen asked worried. "Ah... oh I'm fine... just thinking about how our winter would like this time." Anya replies with a sweet smiles. Zen smiles with a nod.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It has been more then half way through the winter, which is about two months. So far no one has caught a cold since winter arrive which is a good thing. While we was having afternoon meals. There suddenly a terrifying howl outside the cave entry. We stop what we are doing and exited the cave. At the edge of the cave we all heard different kinds of beasts sound coming out the forest line.

All the men tell the females to stay in the cave and left. Anya watched as all the men gather around forming a defending line. So that the beast can't break though towards the caves entry where all the females, cubs, old, and weak are at.

The battles against the beasts and Orcs had started about half an hour already. Anya saw that the defend line that orcs make was starting to break. Some of the orcs seems to have gotten hurt but they still keep on with the fight. Anya saw that couple of the beasts had broken in though the defend line and was making their way towards the lower level of caves. She toke off out of her cave with the fastest speed that she can move on the snow surface. " Anya! Come back this is dangerous!" Aunt Yin yelled towards her to come back. 

While running down to the lower  levels of other caves, Anya pulled out her bow and her basket of arrows on her shoulder. When she reached the lower level. She make her way standing towards the beasts that are making their way toward her, they could smelled her scent. Anya started shooting arrows towards those beasts that broke though the defends. While she was shooting, she also yelled and screaming for all those who are still in the lower caves to go up to the higher level caves.

Meanwhile as for men, they are trying their hardest to hold back those beasts. But some of those beasts still break though. Some of the orcs was about to follow those beasts. Even Zen's heart was in a panic when he saw the beast making their way towards the caves. But when he heard Anya's voice. Zen turns towards the voice. There Zen saw Anya at the lower level of the cave. He was about to have a heart attack just watching her there. 'You better be alright when this is over' Zen thought while grinding teeth.

As Anya keeps shooting her arrows until most of the beasts have fallen by her. That is when she started to make her way toward the middle level caves. When she knew that the people from the lower level had move out towards the higher level. While Anya was making her way towards the middle level caves. She saw that Sakura was helping everyone moving towards the higher level. Suddenly she saw Mingyi who was standing behind Sakura. The next thing that happen was Mingyi push Sakura off the edge. 'Shit! This is getting old' Anya thought angry while running towards the edge.

As Sutu was fighting those beasts, he heard Sakura's voice. So he turned around trying to look for Sakura. When he finally catches a glimpse of his female, whom was rolling down the mountains. Sutu went in a panic when he saw what was in front him. He kills the two beasts that he was battling with very quickly and than he ran as fast as he could towards his female.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone still enjoys my story.