Chapter 12

~James~

I'm going to kill Sirius. He ruined me and Lily's date, and it was going amazing. I can't believe he woke us up when she was sleeping so peacefully in my arms.

We arrived  at Hogwarts, Lily still holding Sirius. We run into Peter, Remus, Marlene, Alice, and Mary all sitting under a tree talking a doing homework.

Peter looks at me then at Lily and sees the dog in her hands.
"Hold up, is that, is that-," Remus  covered his mouth.

The girls look confused. We all stare at the ground not wanting to tell them anything. Lily only knows that Remus is a werewolf they don't know about us changing into animagi.

Sirius jumps out of Lily's arms and runs over to the other side of the tree.

"That was weird." Marlene says looking from Peter to me then Remus and back to me. A minute later Sirius emerges from around the tree.

"Hello, what are you lot up to?" He says grinning. I stare at him and so does Remus.

Lily notices and nudges me,
"What is up with you?"
"What? Oh nothing."
Lily and I sit down under the tree with them.

"Oh, no! Lily what happened to your perfect makeup? It took me over an hour to do and it was so pretty!"
Mary whines.
"The dog." Lily rolls her eyes.

Sirius tries to hide a chuckle but fails and starts dying.
"What is up with you?" Alice asks.
"Yeah why are you laughing?" Mary wonders.
"All we said was the dog licked Lily." Marlene says.

~Lily~

James turns red, his brow furrowed, staring at Sirius.
Why is James so mad that the dog licked me? And how did Sirius come here so quick? Why did he show up right after the dog left? No. He couldn't be, could he. Could Sirius have been an animagus?

My mouth drops open at the realization. My eyes go from Sirius to James back to Sirius, then to Remus.
"SIRIUS ORION BLACK!"

He starts laughing again. Meanwhile Alice, Marlene and Mary are looking at me like I'm delusional. James walks over and drags me away from the group.

"Sirius was the dog?!" I whisper yell.
"Yeah..." he runs his hands through his hair.
That's hot.
No! Lily focus!

I turn to were the others are talking and look at Sirius in disbelief.
"How? When? Why?" I stammer. So many questions.
"Well there's just one more thing I should tell you...um Peter and I are also animagus."
I stammer again not knowing what to say.

"I know it's a lot to process," he holds my shoulders looking into my eyes. "The short answer is, it's for Remus because he's a werewolf, and it helps him while he's transformed."
"Um..okay." I still can't process any of this.

"What are you going to tell the girls? Why I freaked out on Sirius."
"We can just say he pranked you when he said it was a Slytherin."
"Yeah..okay."

How is James an animagus? Wait what does he turn into? When did they start doing this?

We walk back and sit down.
"Sorry guys I just realized that Sirius pranked me this morning and he blamed it on a Slytherin." Marlene still seams skeptical but doesn't say anything. Mary and Alice believe the lie not thinking anything of it.

"I thought you found out Sirius wa-" Peter starts but is cut off by Remus's hand over his mouth.
"Yeah Wormtail, she found out Sirius was the one who pranked Lily this morning. She just said that." Remus says through gritted teeth.

"What? Ohhhhh, yea she just said that." Peter said slowly. Remus nodded. Sirius starts laughing again.

Marlene stands up,
"I don't know what you guys are on but imma head to dinner."
"Me too." Mary says, Alice nods and walks with them up to the school.

Once there out of range I turn to Sirius staring daggers at him,
"You best not mess with another one of me and James date or I'll bloody murder you and even the Queen can't stop me."

I seriously love Lily😌