Chapter 13

~Remus~

"Damn I didn't know Lily had that in her!" I say, James nods staring at her, perplexed.

"You're old Lilypads got some fight in her." Sirius grinned.
"Can we go to dinner I'm starvingggg." Peter whined.
"Sure thing, Wormtail." James said standing up. Peter rolled his eyes at the terrible nickname.

"I hope there's chocolate." I say, imagining mountains of chocolate a mile long.
"Don't start drooling on us Moony." James laughed. The others started dying.

"What I can't like chocolate?"
"No, mate I just think you're a bit obsessed." Sirius says.

"Yeah Moony. How much chocolate do you think you've eaten just this week?" Peter wonders.
"I don't know? Maybe...thirty." I mumble the last part not wanting them to hear but, James heard.

"Bloody hell! Moony!" James yelled.
"I think you should lay off the chocolate." Peter said.

They all start dying as Remus just rolls his eyes.

~Great Hall~

They all sat down and started eating.
A few minutes later the girls joined them. Lily sitting next to James like normal, Alice and Mary sat down on the other side of Lily. Marlene sat across the table in between Sirius and Remus.

"So... what about that time turner Lily?" Sirius whispered to her.
"For the last time you're not getting it!"

"We'll see about that." He challenged.
Lily just rolled her eyes, not paying attention to him anymore.

"Remus, do you think I could borrow some notes for Charms ? I hate that subject, it's so confusing." Lily turns talking to Remus.

"Sure. I can help you study too? If you want."
"That'd be perfect! Thanks. Would you be able to tomorrow, on our free period?"
"Yea. We can go to the library where it's quiet."
"Brilliant. You're a lifesaver Remus."
"It's no big deal, really."

"I'm gonna come too!" Sirius yelled excitedly.
"Why? We're just studying and you hate that." I asked turning to him.

He shrugged,
"I want to bother you. And...I may or may not actually need to study for potions."
"Wow, you really are going to study!"
"It's only because I want to have better grades than Reggie. My stupid mother's always going on and on about how much better Reggie is, you should have grades like Reggie, at least Reggies in Slytherin and he's not a disappointment, you should be more like Reggie."

"Sorry, mate." James whispered.
"It's fine," He laughed it off. "I just want to see their faces when I do get a good grade."

"Ok yeah, so Lily I'll help you with Charms, and Sirius I'll help you with potions." They nod to Remus.
Remus then looks at Sirius,
"Be there during our free period at 1 ok?"

"Yes, yes Moony I'll be there." Sirius says nonchalantly.
"And no complaining. I don't wanna hear you whine the whole time."
"Yes Moony I get it!"

Remus turns and to Lily,
"He's going to complain isn't he?"
"The entire time."

I groan not wanting to deal with Sirius acting like a drama queen and whining.

~Peter~

We all walked back to the Gryffindor common room. Lily was ignoring James the whole time. I don't know why she would agree to date him if she would just ignore him. As James kept looking at Lily the rest of us Marauders started planning out next prank.

"Ok so I was thinking we turn Dumbledores robes bright pink and his beard blue!"  Sirius yelled.
"Pads keep your voice down we don't want to get caught before we can even do the prank." Remus scolded.

"Ok mum." Sirius threw his hands up defensively.
"I think it's a good idea Pads." I tell him.

"See Moony, even Wormy thinks we should do it."
"I never said we shouldn't do it. All I said was to shut your fatass mouth up before we can even do it."

"Ooo, don't have to be so feisty Moony."
Remus just ignores him.

"Prongs how do you think we would do it?" Remus asks James.
"Mmh." James is still not paying us any attention, staring and talking to Lily.

"Well you're no help." Remus mutters.
Marlene comes up from behind, she was walking and trying to talk to Lily but it's a lost cause with James breathing down Lily's  neck.
"I have an idea on how to execute your magnificent plan."

"See Moony she thinks my plans magnificent." Sirius taunts Remus. He continued ignore Sirius,
"So what's your plan, Marlene?"

"I was thinking that you find out the password to his office from McGonagall. Then use the invisibility cloak to turn his clothes pink. I'm still not sure on what to do about the beard problem though."

"You're bloody brilliant McKinnon!" Sirius has a huge grin on his face.
"Maybe you should come with us Marlene." I asked her.

"Yeah, you were more help to us than Prongs." Remus adds.
"Ok, sure. Just tell me when and where." We reached the portrait and Sirius said the password.

Lily and Marlene said their goodbyes as they walked up to their dorm.

~Remus~

As the girls walked up to their dorm we walked up to ours. Almost as soon as we walked in through the door James and Sirius start wrestling. I just roll my eyes, put a silencing spell to shut them up and open up a book.

Remus started reading a book called
Narnia and he's been reading it non stop. He hoped onto his bed and started to read. He was really into the book when, Remus looked up from the book and saw Peter at the foot of his bed.

Peter gave him a half smile and asked,
"Remus, would  you want to play wizards chess?" Remus saw the sparkle in little Peters eyes while he asked him. Peters always had a love for chess. It was one of the first things Peter and Remus bonded over.

"Sure, Pete. But do you want to go down to the common room? It's way to noisy in here." I glared in Sirius' direction.

Peter grabbed his board and chess pieces and headed down stairs. Lily was down in the common room quietly reading her book.

She heard their footsteps and started to head back to her room until she saw it was only Peter and Remus.

"We'll be quiet Lily. Me and Remus just wanna play chess." Peter showed the chess board. She kindly nodded at the short boy and said,
"I just thought you were-"
"James? Yeah." I finished her sentence.

"Exactly." She smiled and sat back down in her chair to read.

It was completely silent for once. No younger years running around and screaming. The only noise was the barely audible breathing of the three wizards and the bursting crackle of the fire, and of course the occasional scratch of a piece being glided across the board. 

About thirty minutes went by and Peter screamed in joy,
"Yes! I beat Moony, I beat Moony, I beat Moony."  Lily laughed at the cheering boy.

"I think I'm done for the night Pete."
"Please one more Moony." I shook my head and yawned feeling a deep sleep coming on.
"I'm too tired, sorry Wormy." I said a goodnight to Lily and headed back to the dorm, hoping the deafening Marauders had quieted down.

~Lily~

I closed my book and sat on the floor across from Peter.
"I'll play with you Peter."
His entire face lit up and the biggest smile grew on his face.

They stayed like that playing for a while. Lily made small talk, but they were mostly quite. Consuming the quiet stillness of the night.