Chapter 8

~ 3rd person POV ~

Marinette walks to school. Her body on autopilot, while her mind roams in its own world. That's most likely why she didn't notice the supervillain stalking behind her.

*********************
~ Adriens POV ~

I smile to myself. I love this new side of Marinette.

But eventually, questions that make my smile fade rush into my brain. Why haven't I seen this side of her? Why does she seem so nervous around me? I truly wish I could understand what I did to make her not like my civilian self. But for right now, I'm just going to enjoy my time with her as Chat Noir.

I hope she changed her bandages. Memories of last night flood my mind. I was truly terrified when I first saw her. She needs to stop putting others before herself. She has too much on her plate right now and I'm determined to help her. She's the type of person who wears her heart on her sleeve. Marinette is so pure and is always caring for others. But who's caring for her?

"Stop overthinking." I look to my bag - where the noise generated from. "I can feel your negative energy from here. It's annoying. Look, just forget about human girls. Why would you want them when you could choose to love precious Camembert!? Or mysterious Swiss?"

I choose not to reply. Plagg can go on for hours about his cheeses and I really don't want to go through those dark times again. I shift towards the window of the car. Forgetting about Plagg, I focus my attention to something much more...unsettling.

There, the girl who has taken over my mind, stands between a supervillain and two little children. Her face shows determination as she stands in a fighting position. No. I cant risk her getting hurt.

"Stop the car!"

Gorilla shoots me a look that I know means - 'not until I get you away from the danger.'

In response to this, I make the most reckless decision I have ever made. Grabbing my bag, I unlock my door and jump out of a moving car. Wasting no time, I practically fly into the nearest alleyway. Once transformed, I bolt to the last place I saw Marinette. One of the children is held by the supervillain. Marinette leans down and whispers something in the crying child's ear. Then, faster then lighting, Marinette lands a punch on the villains torso. Her distraction is a success because the child was able to slip out of the villains grip.

"How dare you, Marinette!" The villains screeches, pointing her ring towards the injured girl. Before Marinette can get hit, I grab her and bolt in the opposite direction.

"Chat Noir, come back right now and hand over your miraculous!"

Once hidden from Parisian eyes, I place Marinette down. "Sabrina," she breathes. Looking up at me through her dark lashes, she repeats - "Sabrina's akumatized. Something must of happened between her and Chloe. I think the akumatized object is her ring."

"Are you hurt?"

She gives me a soft smile. "No, I'm fine. Go save the day."

After shooting her one last wink, I turn my back and run into the direction of chaos.

******************

10 minutes late, I rush into the classroom. All the faces turn in my direction.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I got stuck in traffic because of -"

"The akumatization, yes Mr. Agreste I was informed. You will not be marked tardy. Go take your seat please." Grateful, I head towards Nino.

"Now we are just waiting on Marinette and Sabrina," the teacher sighs.