Decorations

*3*
I shoved my key into the lock and let the door glide open. I smiled and let the boys follow with the boxes.

"It's crazy to think this is ours. I'm excited, I finally get to paint my room" I smile and sit my bag on the floor when Vi begins to speak.

"Yeah, and I finally get to have the nice kitchen I always wanted. Oh! And Cam is bringing his old flat screen later."

"Thank God, he's a savior!"

"He should be on his way now, he can help unpack and stuff too, now who wants coffee because it's about to be a long night."

"Uh, I think all of us want coffee, so why don't you and Jake go get Dunkin and some munchkins,"

"We can get dinner too. How does Chinese sound?"

"That's cool with me. I don't think anyone else cares, have fun and drive safely."

"Kk love you," Vi tells me as she grabs Jake's keys and his hand before walking out the door.

"So Brody, are you ready to work?" I said with a laugh before pulling him into my room.
"Of course, my queen, what should we build first?" He asks with a British accent. I giggled before replying.

"My bed frame, then we can work on the bookshelf, then my side table, and we don't have to worry about my dressers and stuff because they're already built, just not in here."

"Alrighty, then we shall get started." We spend the next twenty minutes building and constructing all of my room's furniture, laughing and screaming songs in the process when we hear the door opening, signaling Jake and Violet's arrival back home with the delicious smelling Chinese food. I look at Brody and squint a little bit before saying,
"I'll race you for the egg roll"

"You're on squirt." The race was on, dodging boxes in the hallway, sliding my socks against the lament, and I got to my sister before he did, so I claimed my victory.

"HA! I WINNNNN" I do a little dance before stealing the egg roll bag off the pile of food.

"You cheated."

"I did not. You have no proof B." I crunch into the mouth-watering egg roll and start to help Vi sort the food. After everyone's food is situated, we all pile into the living room. I look over to see Jake shove a spoon full of lo mein noodles into Vi's mouth. She slurps them up with one of the noodles sticking out of her mouth. Jake laughs as I smile and snap a polaroid of the scene. She finishes the bite before standing up and throwing her red hair into a messy bun.

"Alright people, we need to get back to work, we've gotta finish by tomorrow."

"I know, we've only got what, a week before we start school?"
"Yuppppp" she grabs a box and starts to head towards her room. When Brody starts to yell at her.

"Yo Vi, we only got to put your bed frame together and are halfway through your swing."

"I think Jake and I can finish there. You guys start putting the plant shelf and spice rack together. "

"And then we need to start to put the dining room stuff together, and the entertainment center in the living room, and the dresser-table thingy that goes in the hallway," I interrupt.

"Yeahhhh and I'll put the pictures up and then we should be golden" she replies back and heads to her room.

"Our work is never done, Brody," I say, handing him the hammer, and we start to build more furniture.