Chapter 2: It All Changed

Chapter Two

Rocky's POV

I heard it. That flatline beep when someone dies. Of course, it wasn't me. It was CeCe. I was just too surprised that she was gone and it was all my fault.. Everyone said it wasn't my fault, but they were just doing that to comfort me and help my mental health, but by now I belong in a mental asylum or a prison! I, Raquel Oprah Blue, practically murdered my best friend! God, what's wrong with me?

I didn't even want to look at anyone. Why was I alive and CeCe wasn't? Why did she have to take the wheel? If she hadn't done it, we'd both be alive. But no. She was dead and gone..

"Heya, Rocks. What's shakin', Blue?" I heard a very familiar voice say, I could see CeCe's little smirk.. Was I imagining her voice? Okay, I thought I was crazy earlier.. Now, I'm 100% positive I'm insane. I was close to shouting, 'Send me in a mental asylum! Please!'

"Uh.. Is that you? CeCe?" I wandered through my mind for an answer, I really didn't want to be thrown in a mental hospital at sixteen, maybe when I'm eighteen, just not now.

I got it. I was using telepathy! I read about this somewhere, but wasn't that communicating through minds? No, this was spiritual oppression.. Ah, Hell, even after she died she continues to mess with me.

"Yes! It is, oh thank God! It's sooo dark in here.. Can't you like, think of anything besides my death? I'm starting to hurt again, you know.." Her voice bounced off the walls of my mind until it settled and I understood.

"To hurt you have to be alive! That means the more you hurt, the more alive you are! Then, I can have you back," I felt happy, loophole discovered!

"W-What? God, you do need me in your life.."

"Hah! Which is why you need to be alive, since in order for you to be in my life, you need to be ali-I'm confusing you, aren't I?"

"Kind of, and sorry Rocks, but I'm long gone. I mean, you won't see me physically unless you still have that photo of me near your bed that I 'accidentally' placed there last week.. But I'm still here. I'll always be there, remember?"

I groaned and everyone in the room stared at me, "Uh.. Hi, so do I have any bruises or anything? Because it honestly feels like my head is about to explode, nothing more though!"

Honestly, I had no idea what was even wrong with me, I felt okay, but it didn't seem real.. Was I high? Oh God, did CeCe secretly make me high? No, this seemed more, 'lucid dreaming' unreal.

"You want the truth?" Ty stupidly questioned.. Since when was a lie about my pain supposed to comfort me? Of course I wanted the truth!

Again. The unrealism hit me. This didn't feel real at all, but maybe it was the pain medications. I suspected it was the meds, what else would make life feel like a dream (or nightmare) and make me sleepy?

"No, Ty. I don't want the truth, I want a complete lie! I've faced enough truth today!" I shouted even if it hurt my ribs. "To start off, CeCe is dead. My best friend is dead.. And you want to lie about this stuff? You don't think I can handle it or something? Why can't you just trust me?"

I was on the edge of deciding if I should just throwing myself up off this bed and tackling Ty or sitting still letting the ocean of tears flow.

"Gosh, I just asked if you wanted to hear it, sis," He gazed at me with a new set of puppy dog eyes, like CeCe would whenever she wanted me to tag along on one of her adventures.

"Y-You're right, I'm sorry.. But what's wrong with me?"

"Nothin', actually, it seems like CeCe took the entire blow for 'ya! Maybe a scratch here and there, but nothing more, God bless you CeCe," Ty smiled, keeping the entire puppy dog act.

That's it, then? My best friend is gone forever, stuck in my mind for eternity, and my mind is always wandering to different places I never cared about before.. And I don't have a single broken bone in my body. Impressive. But in my heart, I want to be with CeCe. She wanted us to be famous together, and now she would never be. I'm so sorry..

"Ugh, good I guess.. But what if she didn't take the blow?" I stretched out my arms and peeked over at Ty.

"I guess that if she didn't, you'd both still be alive. But it's CeCe, and she decided to take the wrong shots, she was a hero on the wrong day," Ty stated, which made me too curious. Since when did Ty talk like that? He was never inspiring, and even when he was he'd just burst out laughing directly afterwards! This is a different Ty, and I don't think I can bear to hear it anymore.

"Okay, no. That is not the Ty I know and love, now if you don't mind me, I'll go into a deep sleep and I expect to be back home when I wake up," I declared, falling back into the warm, comfortable hospital bed and realizing that I could spend eternity here.. I could stay here forever.

Forever.

And ever.