Chapter 3: Just Say You'll Wait, You'll Wait For Me

Chapter 3

Rocky's POV

Finally, I'm out of the hospital. It's been two or three weeks and I'm convinced I'm really going to end up throwing myself off a cliff. Having conversations with your dead best friend that you practically killed two weeks ago? That's just wrong on so many levels. God, the day before that faithful Friday felt so long ago.. When would my life just snap back into place?

I woke up in my now dark and dreary bedroom, the colors bored me. I wanted CeCe back, I wanted the girl who I'd just say 'hey, hey, hey' to, and she'd just run up to me. I wanted the girl who, even if she had dyslexia, was perfect to me, the girl who danced with me on 'Shake It Up, Chicago'..

Oh no. What am I gonna do without CeCe on Shake It Up? I knew what I'd do. It wasn't going to be easy and CeCe wouldn't want it.. But CeCe couldn't tell me anymore. If CeCe wasn't there, I didn't really have a reason to dance. She was CeCe Jones, she was my little fireball.

I sprang up from my bed and checked the time on my clock. '10:00 AM' it read, immediately I got up even if my legs felt a little weak.

"Mornin' Rocky," I heard CeCe call in my mind.

"Ah, hey there, fireball," I replied.

I could see her just idly sitting on her couch, even if she wasn't.

She sighed, "Death isn't as bad as you might think, you know?"

"Come on, don't say that, CeCe!" I shouted.. Through my head.

"Eh, sorry. Hey, come down to my place! You still need to take what you want, remember?"

I narrowed my eyes as I brushed my hair, "And show my face around your place? Your mom probably hates me, and Flynn must be so.. So terrorized."

I saw her shaking her head, I shrugged back to see her answer. Again, this is proof I'm crazy.

"They're all fine. I know how bad that sounds, but it's not like Flynn died. It doesn't matter so much! Oh, but first, check your Facebook!" Classic CeCe.. Wait, 'it doesn't matter so much', is that it? Whatever.

A song popped into my head as she ordered me around, "42" by Coldplay, which was unusual since I didn't really listen to Coldplay.. But the lyrics were a message from CeCe in my point of view..

"'Those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head,'"

"'Time is so short and I'm sure there must be something more,'"

.. God. I should just jump of the fire escape, but obviously CeCe wouldn't let me do something as stupid as that.

"R-Rocky? Are you even listening to me?" CeCe whimpered, God, I made her all depressed in death too!

"Loud and clear, now I'll go check my Facebook.. Thank you very much, and my Instagram too? Yeah," I turned on my iPhone and instantly saw a picture of CeCe and me at school the Thursday before she died. Quickly, I entered my password (rednblue), showing a stupid photo of CeCe with me, her tongue stuck out and she was in front of me. I tapped the screen, entering the Facebook app, I was then attacked with a bunch of "R.I.P. CeCe Jones" and "Get better, Rocky Blue" statuses.

I curiously scrolled down the list, finding even the people who practically hated CeCe and I before giving their condolences. I wasn't surprised to see our best friends, obviously.

Deuce Martinez: Rest In Peace, the beautiful CeCe Jones!! Imma miss u, chica..

Deuce Martinez: yo Rocky, you alritee? wanna grab a pizza at crusty's? I heard some boyband was visitin chicago and i could hook u up if ur interested. i understand ur goin thru hard times, srry bout CeCe.

Dina Garcia: rocky, u wanna talk bout this with me at crusty's? deucey will be there!! but dont feel pressured its just if u wanna

Dina Garcia: rip one of my best friends, cece jones! Cant believe the redhead is rlly gone

Gunther Hessenheffer: ahh the love of my life is dead!! Yes i just admitted it, i loved cece jones.. Please take care rocky, ik we havent been the nicest to each other but i loved cece.. now shes gone? Treat yourself well

Tinka Hessenheffer: what?? I cannot stand this, CeCe is gone.. I'll admit i will miss her energy around the studio and school, but I am happy you lived through it.. I stand for the loss of CeCe Jones!!

The entire CeCe thing went on and on, of course I answered a couple.. Some people actually wondered if I'll be back at school soon, I said I would be, but I don't think I want to even see anyone ever again. After what I've been through, you can't exactly get over it, so you completely shut down. Yeah, never mind. I'll be back in school in a week.

Rocky Blue to Deuce Martinez: I think im fine, dont worry about me.. and sure, i'll see you and dina at crusty's, aightt? Thxx tell dina ill be there.. And BOYBAND?? REALLY? OMG HOOK ME UP!

Rocky Blue to Gunther Hessenheffer: ahhh i already knew you loved her.. she loved you too, you know. I wish things turned how a bit differently, you know? yeah thx.. i miss CeCe too.. :(

Rocky Blue to Tinka Hessenheffer: yepp.. My best friend is out of this world!! No pun intended.. but she was amazing. I think she gave life to me, but ehh shes gone now.. But thx for the CeCe status.. RIP my best friend..

I didn't even understand what I was saying.. I exited the app and went to CeCe's apartment, which looked even worse than my bedroom. I felt like it was a huge part of a horror movie, I went insane after CeCe's death, which is completely what happened. I saw her mom, heavy bags were under her eyelids, I'm sure she hasn't gotten any sleep recently. She looked older and I felt guilty, so again I checked in with CeCe.

"CeCe, should I really do this? I'm scared," I whined like a little kid in my head.

"Hey, wake up, Rocks, I'm not really going to keep forcing you to do stuff, right? Just do it!" She exclaimed.

I nervously bit my lip as I came in through the window like I always did.

"Hey, h-Oh, forget it.." I dropped the normal greeting and trudged into the house. I didn't feel welcome at all.

Flynn stared at me with soulless eyes that drained my courage, I felt responsible for his sister's death.

"Hey, there, Flynn, how you doing?" I whispered and patted his head as I passed the couch he was lying on. His hair wasn't gelled up like it normally would be.. Something went terribly wrong.

"Could be better," The eleven year old inhaled and closed his eyes.

"I miss CeCe, you know," I heard Ms. Jones utter.

I nodded slowly and sat down at the kitchen table, "It wasn't my fault, I'm sorry though."

"I know it wasn't, Rocky, you'd never do anything like that purposely. I'm going to find out who that drunk driver is,"

"I'm sure he's dead," I assured her.

"I hope so, Rocky.. Now go on, get whatever you want from CeCe, that's what she said," She pointed to the familiar hallway.

No doubt CeCe brightened up the place and without her, this place is nothing. It turned into a shell of what it used to be..