3 ; narrative

minju ran to the convenience store, wanting to grab something to drink before she enters the campus

of course she was completely aware of the certain amount of canteens inside the school, but she felt that the convenience store right outside of it was less crowded.

she was welcomed by the cold air inside the convenience store, and soon proceeded to the back, grabbing a drink from one of the fridges.

minju went to the counter and paid for the drink she wanted to get there for ages.

she didn't really have time to visit the place, since her family was so strict when it comes to her.

luckily, with how early she was today, she finally grabbed her opportunity to do so.

she thanked the cashier and grabbed the drink with her, leaving the convenience store and made her way towards the school's entrance.

minju stopped in her tracks to put the bottle inside the pocket of her backpack, not wanting it to get in the way as she walks inside the campus.

until someone pats her shoulder, causing her to flinch due to the sudden action. she turned around to see chaewon behind her.

"you're not good when it comes to scaring people, you know?" minju starts, raising an eyebrow towards the older.

"but you flinched, didn't you?"

"obviously, who wouldn't react like that when someone touches your shoulder? it could be a creep or something." the younger replies, making the older one pout.

the conversation ended, as soon as both of them decided to enter the campus together.

it was too earlier for them to even go inside, but it was better rather than being stuck in the crowd, or being late for school.

"so when are we going to register?" minju asks, glancing towards the older from time-to-time.

"after class, eunbi-unnie will come with us too." chaewon replied and went upstairs with the younger. it was truly a torture for them to have their classroom located at the third and last floor of the building.

even going to the canteen would be a hassle, since they have to run down the stairs to reach the canteen before the crowd of students get in there first.

they both entered the room, spotting a couple of students who were already inside.

both of them ignored the two, and went to their seats, which were only next to each other.

the intramurals was slowly approaching, and the registration should be ongoing starting today.

after dismissal, the three of them proceeded to the registrations, not wanting to get any slots closed on them.

they needed a lot of students anyway, so that four teams could battle for the dance competition.

the three of them waited for their turn, getting impatient due to the long line that they came across to.

"you know... we might actually miss the opportunity to get a slot." the eldest said, making the other two look towards her, "what?"

"don't say that! i don't know what else am i going to do except for this competition." minju started to shake her head, she feared the consequences of not getting into one of the slots of the dance competition.

she didn't want to do nothing, it would be too boring to spend a whole week of the intramurals without doing anything but roam around the campus.

"join the intramurals' pageant." eunbi suggested, without knowing that minju wasn't interested in it. so in return, the younger shook her head some more.

"why not? many students are so stunned when the only thing you do is walk through the hallway. what's the reason of your rejection?"

"i ain't into that stuff." minju muttered, but was loud enough for the other two to hear.

the other two didn't say anything else and just let the youngest be. they didn't want to force her on something she wasn't interested in.

but atleast she could spend some time with them, so that she could make it up to them after all of those times that she rejected their invitation to go to the mall with them.

after waiting in line for what seems like hours, the three of them had finally been able to sign up, hoping that there still some spots left for them, or else they would just have to roam around the campus when intramurals week comes.

it would be fun to meet the other students because of this competition.

and maybe they could get close.

"do you want me to walk you home?" chaewon asks the younger, hoping that would finally give her the permission to do so.

"i don't want to trouble you though. are you alright with it, chae?" she received a nod from the older, causing her to sigh and insist with the girl's offer.

their houses were just blocks away, no wonder why sometimes chaewon would pay minju a visit by climbing up her window.

a very dangerous technique, but it was worth it.

"what were you going to sign up for if i didn't ask you to join?" chaewon asked, as they walked by each other's side.

minju hummed, "nothing, really... there's nothing really interesting rather than tha competition."

it was true, the other games were so uninteresting to the point that she would just choose to roam around the campus for the intramurals, rather than joining something that she wasn't interested in.

"let's just hope we're in the same team, as well as eunbi-unnie. i don't want to be surrounded with people i'm not even close with." minju says, fearing the consequence if they were all separated by teams.

it was better to atleast have some people you're close with when it comes to these situations, or else you would appear awkward when it comes to others.

"yeah, let's hope for that."