15 ; narrative

the sound of students chatting and the clattering of the utensils being used surrounded the school's cafeteria

the sound of students chatting and the clattering of the utensils being used surrounded the school's cafeteria. one of them were a group of six friends, sitting with each other as they talked about their continuous topics.

"what's the answer to number twenty?" the duck looking person, yena asks, leaning forward, not wanting to keep her question to herself anymore.

"fifteen, why?" yuri answers, before putting a fillet inside her mouth. with that being said, yena lets out a long whine, scratching her head in disappointment.

"i wrote ten on my fucking paper."

chaewon spits the soda she was drinking, and soon started coughing, feeling the pain run up to her nose.

minju, on the other hand, offered the older her water and grabbed a tissue nearby to clean the girl's area on the table. chaewon thanked her afterwards, after recovering from her state earlier.

"looks like you have to buy yourself a new calculator, and maybe partner it with a new brain. both of them seems broken," eunbi joins the conversation, causing yena to throw a meatball at her. the older fought her back by throwing the meatball back, as it quickly hits yena's face.

the others started to laugh at her, unable to contain their laughter anymore.

"how did you even get ten?" chaewon asked, drinking from minju's water bottle.

yena shrugged, picking up the meatball that fell on the floor, wiping it on her blazer and put it inside her mouth, "the furmouls mushct b rogchn."

"huh?" her friends replied in confusion. after all, the girl started to talk with a meatball inside of her mouth. "can you swallow that first?"

yena did as she was told to, grabbing her water, drinking from it before repeating her reply, "i said that maybe i used the wrong formula."

"formula? there's no formula in number twenty," said minju, pouting her lips, trying to remember if what she was saying was right. but as far as she could remember, their topic didn't have any formulas in it, yena must've mixed two topics in one question.

"shit." yena starts hitting her head on the table, with her mindset on the activity earlier, not wanting to fail and get a line of seven for her grades, "i should've listened to mr. horse."

"so you admit that you weren't listening earlier?" eunbi asks the girl who was still busy hitting her head on the table. as expected, she didn't get a reply. she shrugged it off and went back to her meal.

meanwhile, hyewon's ears perk up when she heard the horse word. not wanting to keep her curiousity to herself anymore, which can also bother her in her sleep, she started to ask, "wait wait, who is mr. horse?"

"are you blind? our science teacher looks like a horse."

chaewon, once again, spits her drink, causing her friends to back away, avoiding to get the liquid into them. if it weren't for how busy the other students were, their table would've caused a scene.