CHAPTER FOUR

as the moon shined in the night sky, the colonel and tibs were making their way towards the old de vil mansion, they came to the gate as the colonel said, " they say the ol' place is haunted or bewitched or some such fiddle-faddle. " tibs laughed nervously and said, " fiddle-faddle ad rot, sir." " just the same, use extreme caution. no telling what sort of hocus-pocus you might run into." the colonel said but tibs was scared and he gulps in fear, " blast it all, tibs. on the double, man. on the double" the colonel said as tibs saluted him and nodded his head, "yes, sir. right away, sir" tibs replied before he climbs up a tree, he walks across a tree branch that leads to a window of the mansion. tibs looked through the window to see the coast was clear, he then slowly open the window before jumping down into the dark and dusty mansion. tibs walk through the mansion looking around until he came to a room through a small hole in the wall, that where he saw a dalmation puppies. tibs smiled, " psst! rover. spotty." tibs said as one of the puppies looked and saw the cat, " hmm. what?" the puppies ask in confusion, " are you one of the 15 stolen puppies?" tibs asks the puppies scratched his ear as he said, " no, we're not stolen. we're bought and paid for. there's 99 of us all together. " tibs rubs his eyes in shock, " ninety-nine!" he said in shock as he looked around the room and saw 99 puppies sleeping. " how 'nout that bunch of little ones? they have names and collars. they're not from the pet shops." another puppie said, " fifteen of 'em?" tibs ask, " we never counted them. they're over there by the TV." the other puppies said as he looked at the puppies that were sat in front of the TV, "I'd better count'em" tibs said as he started to make his way towards them. " watch out for the baduns." the puppies said. " banduns?" tibs asks as he stopped in his tracks, " those two blokes, Horace and Jasper. they're mean ones, they are. " the puppies said as tibs sat on the table without the men knowing and started to count the puppies, " one, two, three, four, five, six... let me see. six, seven, eight, nine, 10, 11..." tibs counted but then Horace started to shout at one of the puppies who was blocking the tv, " hey, get down, you runt and stay down!" horace yelled out as one of the puppies started to bark at him, " go on, get out of here or I'll black your other peeper." horace said. tibs look back up and started to continue his counting, " where was I? nine... nine, three more. twelve and... once, the three. that's 15! they're the ones!" but then tib's was grab but jasper but then let's out a screech, scaring him before he ran off, " Horace, look what we got! a tabby cat!" tibs ran under a piano as all the puppies started to bark, " how'd you like a tabby cat stew!" jasper said before he started to throw darts at tibs who went through the hole through the wall escaping that attack. 

back in London, pongo and Perdita were sitting in (Y/N)'s bedroom as she was reading a book. then they heard barking from outside, pongo looked out the window and listens, " what is it, pongo? what is it?" Perdita asks, " shh. it's the great dane. he has news for us. he'll meet us at primrose hill" pongo replied as Perdita asks, " how'll we get out?" " uh, the back bedroom window. it's always open a wee bit come on" pongo said as he and Perdita left the room, (Y/N) saw this and knew something was up. she got up and following them to the back bedroom, but as they were about to jump out the window as she said, " and what are you two up to?" 

pongo and Perdita lower their heads in sadness, (Y/N) saw the sadness on their face and she knew they were looking for their puppies. " oh, you're looking for your babies" she said as pongo nodded his head. (Y/N) sighs before he said, " wait here". she ran back to her room, she got her back, her coat, and her boot and placed them on before walking back to the bedroom, " come on. I'm helping too." she said as she jumps out the window along with pongo and Perdita. they made it to primrose hill where Danny was waiting for them. " pongos, you've made it. good, and I see you brought a human with you" Danny said, " don't worry. she's with us. what's the word? what's the news?" pongo asks, " have they found our puppies?" Perdita asks in confirm. " they've been located somewhere north of here, in Suffolk. " Danny replied, " oh, thank heaven" partita said. " what's going on? have they found the puppies?" (Y/N) asks as she couldn't understand them, pongo turned to her and nodded his head to her making (Y/N) smile. " can you leave tonight?" Danny asks, " we can leave right away." pongo said as he pulled (Y/N)'s coat tell her to follow before they started following Danny. " I'll go along as far as Camden road and give you instructions." 

they made it to Camden road and Danny said, " when you reach either marsh, contact old towser. he'll direct you to the colonel and the colonel will take you to your puppies at the de vil place" " de vil!" Perdita said in shock, " the de vil place!" pongo said in anger, " oh, pongo, it was her. roger was right all along." Perdita said as (Y/N) hears Perdita whimper, she knew something wasn't right. " oh, someone you know?" Danny asks, " sorry, sir. there's no time to explain." pongo replied before he and Perdita took off under the bridge with (Y/N) running after them. " I hope we're not too late!" (Y/N) said. " good luck, pongos. if you lose your way, contact the bark. they'll be standing by!" Danny called out as (Y/N), pongo and Perdita ran into the darkness. they walked through warm fields, pushed through hard snowstorms, and swam through icey rivers, but as they walked through the cold snow (Y/N) wrapped her arms around herself before she fell to her knees as he teeth chattered together, " so cold" she said to herself before pongo stopped in his track and ran back to (Y/N). he takes her coat in his teeth and gently pulled her before she smiled and slowly stood up before following pongo. 

back on the farm, tibs, the colonel and Sargent were listening for any news from afar, but nothing. " any news, colonel?" Sargent asks, " not a blasted thing. they're lost or captured, or something or other. who knows what." the colonel said but then tibs spotted something in the distance on the road, " colonel, here comes a car."  tibs replied as a car came speeding down the road ahead, " come now tibs. don't be ridiculous. they wouldn't be driving." the colonel said as the car made a turn and headed towards the old de vil mansion. " yes, I know, sir. but it's heading for hell hall." tibs said before gasping at the car stopped in front of the mansion. " it's stopping at the gate." tibs said, " it is? blast it all! better see what's up. on the double, man. on the double" colonel said before running off as tibs saluted, " yes, sir" he said before following. " take over, captain" colonel said, " right-o, sir" the captain replied. 

inside the de vil mansion, Cruella was passing back and forth as jasper and Horace were sitting down and watching TV. David meanwhile was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed as his mother yelled out, " I've got no time to argue. it's got to be done tonight." Cruella yelled out, but the boys weren't listening, she turned off the tv and said, " do you understand? tonight!" " ut they ain't big enough." Horace said as tibs watched them from the shadows. " you couldn't get half a dozen coats out of the whole caboodle." jasper said, this made tibs eyes go wide," coats! dog-skin coats?" he said to himself. " then we'll settle for half a dozen! we can't wait. the police are everywhere. I want the job done tonight." Cruella said as David scoffs silently, " how're they gonna do that?" he asks as his mother turned to him. " any way you like" she said in an evil way, David stood up straight in shock, " me? why me? " he asks, " you want to make me proud? you want to prove yourself to me?" Cruella asks, " yes, but-" David started but Cruella cuts him off, " poison them, drop them. bash them in the head. you got any chloroform?" David shakes his head, " no, not a drop" he said. " and no rther, ei-ther." Horace replied but the jasper smacks the back of Horace's head, " eye-ther!" " I don't care how you kill the little beasts, David. but do it, and do it now!" David turned away from his mother as his mind was racing with dark thoughts, he shakes his head as he got rid of those thoughts. " aw, please, miss. have pity. can't we see the rest of the show first?" jasper said, " we want to see what's my crime?" horace replied but then Cruella grabs jaspers wine bottle and throws it into the fire-making it explodes. everyone took cover before Cruella said in anger, " listen, you idiots. I'll be back in the morning. the job better be done, or I'll call the police! do you understand?" Cruella yelled out before walking out and slammed the door making a crack form on the ceiling. then a part of the roof fell on top of Horace before he said, " I think she means it", " ah.. we'll get on with it, as soon as the show's over." jasper said as he turned the tv back on. David sighs as he looked at the puppies before walking towards the old cracked window and looked out at the snow view in front of him, he had a choice to make, but will he do it.