A New Friend (Part 2)

(TW: Spiders)

     I've been at this for hours, sitting on my knees on the hardwood chair. I'm bent over a large table with a map pinned to it, knives and paint swirled each way. I'm trying to find out something, anything, about the Prisoner in cell three. Surely he must have hidden that sword in his robes, the flame was simply a party trick. He can't be that powerful. No, I refuse to believe it.

     The map here shows the entirety of my land, the entire SMP. There's no piece of land that we haven't charted yet on this map, and yet there's no way that this- this villain could've snuck through our defenses! There's no other choice, I must go interrogate the prisoner again. Only he knows for sure what happened. I drape my crimson robe on a chair and set off. Down the vile steps and into the musty excuse for a dungeon, I really should have Karl clean this... I think to myself.

"Come to visit us again George?" The dark voice sends chills down my spine, his voice is almost electronic with the way it warbles.

"It's King George to you!" I state, straightening my collared shirt as I stand above his kneeling form.

"Oh no no no... if anyone should be called king, it should be me." He replies.

"Stop with your theatrics, Prisoner. I'm here only because I need questions answered. Where did you come from?" I start out simple, no need for torture too early. I'm really regretting not bringing a new torch down.

"Oh poor little me? No, I don't think I will. Maybe if I could have just a spot of food? We're quite hungry..." He barely moves when he speaks, only when his back rises and falls with breath do I spot him in a dark corner.

"You'll get your food when you answer. If you answer at all." I respond skeptically, this is the guy who could conjure flame and sneak a sword past my guard's defenses.

"Ugh, so be it. Make me use my stockpile." He huffs as he reaches into his cloak.

"Stockpile?!" I am astounded, no wonder we locked him up. He's clearly dangerous and knows how to sneak items past security.

      A shimmering noise and a flash of black light later, he pulls a- GOLDEN APPLE?! A golden apple from his clothes! I can't let him have that, I stick my sword through the bars, impaling the glowing fruit on the blade. A purple juice spills out, the magic leaving the crisp flesh. Where the magic leaves and drips to the floor, the apple turns red again. The moss is reacting to the magic as if it were a gift from the gods, squelching to the puddle and soaking up all the goo. It grows around my ankles, tethering me to the ground without my noticing.

"You can't have this Prisoner, empty your cloak. I know you have more hiding in there." I order, clutching the normal apple in my left hand, sword in the right.

     Instead of responding, he grudgingly stands to his full height and I really get a look at how tall he is. He seems to be a full 7 feet tall. Still remaining in the shadows, his silhouette rustles in his lime green cloak for a moment before a faint glow starts to emit from it. All around him, bugs and spiders scurry towards him and the moss crawls around him, enveloping his legs completely . They continue to climb up and rest on him, completely covering him. I take a step back out of surprise, more paranormal I think to myself. My boots would have trembled if they weren't restrained with moss. I finally notice and rip the vile foliage from me. 

"Oh George~", DreamXD whispers quietly, although it sounds like it's right in my ears.

"How'd you know that?!" I screech, Dream would do that to me, it's one of the fond memories I hold of him before his sentence.

"Hmm." He replies, tapping on his porcelain mask. He is only a mass of spiders and moss at this point, so the action is horrifying.

"C-can you tell them to get off?" I shakily ask, the spiders have seemingly multiplied because there weren't that many before.

"Sure, Gogy. Only if you agree to be my friend" He shifts forward and presses against the bars so the spiders and moss wrap around them too.

"Why would I want to do that?!" I ask, my voice full of venom at the unwanted words.

 "Because otherwise, I'll tell them to jump onto you and you'll be stuck in this fate for as long as I deem." His wide smile shows through the mass of insects, them taking the opportunity and crawling in and around his mouth.

     Not trusting my voice for words, I simply nod and shudder as he whispers commands to the wretched creatures. One is bigger than all of them and seems to wave a hairy leg around as if it was a humanoid. The smaller spiders rush off of XD and scuttle into cracks in the cell. Minutes later and they are gone, as silent as they came.

"So. Now that my associates have left, what was it you wanted?" If I could've seen his face, it would have been a smirk, I bet.

"I want to be your friend," I state clearly. Callahan had written down a note for me and put it on my throne the other day. It read: 'maybe befriending is the way to go..?'. This was after I had told him about XD's and my talk.

"Huh?", this is not what he expected clearly, because his confidence falters just for a millisecond. It quickly returns. "And why is that George? So you can use us? So you can find out the info? Well, don't think I'll believe that for a second."

"Of course not. My subjects and guards know nothing of it. Let's say... there was a big distraction in the castle. Say the King just... collapses. It wouldn't be my fault if one of the prisoners happens to escape." I observe his reaction from my peripherals as I pick at a nail. He is pondering the plan.

"Ok! That sounds great! Hello new friend!" He eagerly sticks his hand out of the cell bars, wishing to shake.

"So, as friends... we tell each other everything, right?" I reply, grabbing his cold hand to shake.

"I think so, I've never had a friend." He replies in a sweet voice.

"Good... now I need you to tell me some things..."