promise

Xiao prepare his bag before heading downstairs to eat. There, Ganyu and Qiqi is seating down and eating the food Zhongli made. Everyone seem so lively today except Ganyu, who's panicking about making a good first impression to everyone in school.

"Don't be too stressed now, everyone will love you just the way you are" Zhongli patted Ganyu head to calm her down. She slowly nods and start to eat her breakfast.

Zhongli notice Xiao sneaking to the door, "not so fast young man, you need to eat first" he place his hand on his hips, clearly does pink apron doesn't suit him.

"But Lumine and Aether are waiting for meee" Xiao complains.

Zhongli sigh, surely he can't be mad that his child is excited to meet his childhood friends that he haven't meet for so long. Zhongli approach Xiao and give him a strawberry jam sandwich, "fine, but make sure to eat."

Xiao bite that sandwich out of Zhongli hands, he then wave bye bye too Ganyu and Qiqi before leaving the house without a word.

It's still early, and the twins promised to meet Xiao near a park so he headed there. After sometime of waiting, a figure comes running to Xiao while another figure follow behind.

"Yoo long time no see!" Lumine wave at Xiao. Aether at the back wave with a smile too.

"Yup" Xiao gave a slight grin.

They walk to school together and catch up on lots of things, Lumine was the loudest and sometimes his brother need to remind her to keep it down a bit.

Finally they arrive at Tevyat Highschool.

A new fresh year of highschool!

Xiao just move in into the town and got into Tevyat school this year because his adoptive dad got a job there.

The twins been there since first year so Xiao doesn't get too lonely or awkward in that new place.

Xiao got a little bit nervous to step into the school hall, but he was encouraged by the twins. When they get in, they talk about the class they're in, the twin say that they aren't a lot of people in this school so everyone in year one class last year, are going into the same second year class.

Lumine continue to talks about the friends they're about to meet and how wonderful they are, but something else caught Xiao attention.

Down the hall, Venti is talking and laughing with Kaeya.

Xiao stood there froze, the twin noticed it and decide to tease him,
"Woah man it's not even 5 minutes into this school year and you're already got a crush! What a way to start!" Lumine slap Xiao back jokingly.

"That's Venti, he's a third year in this school and he's popular for that cute face and beautiful voice" Aether added, this kind of topic usually doesn't interest him us much, but teasing Xiao turns out to be more fun than it seems.

Xiao grab his chest and start to blush a bit, "yup" he said.

"You're a straight forward one aren't ya?" Lumine chuckle.

The bells ring, and the twin quickly snap Xiao back to reality and drag him into the class they're in.

Miss Jean is waiting in the class, as soon as they got in, the twins got into their sit while Xiao was stop by her.
"Everyone, this is the new student that I told you about, would you please introduce yourself?" Miss Jean look at Xiao.

"Hey, I'm Xiao... Nice too meet you I guess" Xiao gave a short introduction.

He wasn't expecting much of the classmate reaction, but this class is full of god know what's wrong with them children, so Xiao introduction was welcome by a huge clap from the students.

They're even some that say some lines between, "LETS GOOO", "WOOHOO", "THATS POGGERS MAN"... The day just started and Miss Jean already having a headache because of her students behaviour.

"Class, please calm down, Xiao you can go take a seat" Miss Jean sigh.

The only seat that left there is beside Bennett, so Xiao sit there.

"Welcome man! Hope you have a good time here" Bennett whisper to Xiao.

It's kinda annoying having such lively people around him, but he don't want to be labelled as that edgy kid and he's actually looking forward to having some friends this year, "thanks" Xiao replied.

Bennett give a thumbs up before moving his attention to the class in front of him.

Lunch break!

The class decide to all eat together at the rooftop to celebrate Xiao getting into the school.

They were sharing foods and talking to each other, it's very nice to have such friendly classmate.

But in the corner of Xiao eyes, he saw Venti heading down from the rooftop using the stairs.

Xiao body automatically get up, look back at his classmate and say "sorry I gotta go, thanks for the meal" before heading off to chase Venti.

After he have left, Barbara gasp, "does the food not to his likings?"... The other classmates frown a bit at the thought of that being the case of why Xiao leave.

Lumine grin, "nope, not at all, it's just that our new friend already got a crush"
Lumine turned her gossip mode on and start reporting all that happened at the hall to the classmate, everyone was enjoying the tea, even Aether who silently agree.

Xiao finally caught up to Venti, "W-wait!" He try to stabilize his breathing.

Venti turn toward the direction of the voice, "oh your Xiao the new kid right? Everyone talking about you today, what do you want?" He smiled.

Xiao blush, he never fall in love before so he doesn't know the meaning of keeping your feelings a secret...

"I really like you!!" He exclaimed.

Venti froze, "eh? But...we just met, I don't think..." Venti let out an awkward laugh. Slowly Venti try to sneak away out of the situation.

Xiao frown, but it don't mean he will give up, "then! Give me 1 year to make you fall for me!" Xiao said again.

Venti eyes shine, he never thought this kind of situation would ever come but when it does, its kinda interesting...

Venti giggled "wow, so much confident in that little body of yours, but still, I would love to see you try" he sneer at Xiao.

Xiao bad mood disappear right away, "it's a promise then?" He said.

"Sure, a promise" Venti replied with a smile.