7

Over the next months Denise continues to terrorize him with the thought of her hurting Morgan.

Whenever they spend time together, she would use moments alone to remind him, even showed him a video, Spencer had looked away so quickly, only hearing the audio even before the visual started he hadn't even seen it wasn't her nor Morgan in the video.

It was probably what tipped him over, but for some absurd reason didn't make Morgan suspect her of being the reason why Spencer is so stressed out,why he is always on edge.

They are at JJ's for her birthday and the garden is filled with the team, with partners and the kids, as well as a few of Will's friends and friends she knows from outside of the team when Morgan puts an arm around Spencer to assist him in a drinking game and it is like someone switched a switch inside of him and he goes from a wide smile to yelling. "Don't touch me. Don't fucking touch me." He takes his elbow and pushes it into Morgan stomach who's first reaction is to let go and then do the opposite wrapping both of his arms around him. "Stop touching me. Stop it. Stop it."

"It's Morgan, hey,you are okay. It's just me." Morgan presses his body against Spencer's and Hotch steps forward with his hands in front of him signaling Spencer that he is not a threat.

"Stop touching me. Stop it. Stop it." He desperately tries to gain distance, kicking him against the shin. So Morgan turns them around as an attempt to catch him off guard and then pushes them forward onto the grass. "Let me go. Let me fucking go. You can't touch me."

"Spencer it's me. Morgan"

"Morgan let him." The moment he let's go Spencer practically flees into JJ's arms who had been approaching them.

"I didn't want him to touch me, I promise."

"It's okay, it was just Morgan. You guys touch all the time."He has his arms wrapped around her, burying his head in her neck, and she can feel him shaking around her body.

"We don't. We don't. Don't say that."

"Up with you." Hotch orders Morgan who is as much as shock as everyone else about the reaction.

He can't tear his eyes from him, he doesn't know what memory he triggered that he didn't all those hundreds times he hold him like that before. "Now." Only it wasn't about a memory and maybe Morgan would have caught that if he wasn't so in love. He gets ripped out by his thoughts by Hotch pulling him up by his arm.

"What is going on with you two?"

"I don't know."

"What did you do? He doesn't act like this around you." They are standing in the living room.

"Hotch if I knew - I promise you I would set everything on it to change it."

"Did you fight?"

"No."

"Did you - I don't know did you overstep any boundaries?"

"No he doesn't let me lay a finger on him. It's been more than three weeks since I hugged him the last time."

"Does he have a partner? Anyone new in his life?"

"No and if he does I don't think it would have gone unnoticed by me."

"Any chance he could have been molested? At the job? I don't know somewhere else?"

"I don't know. I honestly don't."

Will is the first to raise suspicion when it comes to Denise, he approaches her asking if she could let Morgan know that Spencer is okay, and she tells him that Spencer being okay would be the smaller issue here. "Well I mean it wasn't his fault, he had a Panic Attack."

"He hit Derek."

"Sometimes people do irrational things when they panic."

"That is not an excuse."

"Spence doesn't hurt a fly, Derek knows that."

"You are not the one with the black eye, you have it easy talking."

"I don't like her" He tells Emily who approaches him after Denise walks of and she just snorts.

"What did she do?"

"I am not a profiler but something is off about her. I don't like her."

"Detective, please stay at that don't try our career path." She tells him with a smile.

Rossi had quickly guided the guests into the front yard that aren't the team, giving JJ and Spencer some space, who is playing with her necklace, turning the small golden circle in his hand, while sniffing regularly and JJ isn't pushing him to chance everything about it. Stroking his back and having her cheek resting on his head.

"Anything?" Derek asks stepping outside again and Garcia shakes her head. Spencer doesn't talk that evening, he let's Emily convince him to drive him home but she doesn't have any luck either. "I will be in the living room if you need me." She tells him as she leaves his bedroom but he doesn't answer and so she settles on the small couch for the night.

When he doesn't start talking over the next days, they put it off as a Panic Attack that was triggered by the touch but not really about it. Maybe a childhood memory or something from the case.

For Spencer everything was confusing and hurtful. Denise is nice to him, she is respectful of his boundaries and Derek loves her. If Derek loves her she must be a good person.
But she also can't stand him, and she insults him and she lies to him. Since she told him she would be moving in with Morgan nothing had happened.

The first time she hits him,it doesn't really hurt but it hurts in a way that he never thought she would cross that line to physically hurt him. Just the possibility of it being the case.

"You are going to pull yourself together and you will smile through the whole thing. Did I make myself clear?" She asks as they are standing in the parking spot of a football station. Morgan is walking back to the car to get Spencer's sunglasses he forgot in there.

"Yes."

"You won't ruin this for Morgan."

"I promise." When he took so long in the bathroom because he had a meltdown and Morgan never came to check on him, he could feel something break in him as he walks back to their seats and sits down smiling ones and then moving his hands up to his ears.

She takes his hand down so obvious that Spencer thinks that this is not just her its Morgan too.