10

There are no comments to the scratches on his face that are building a crust, all of them excusing it with him doing that so himself as an attempt to manage the feeling he has because of the bandages and burns.

It took another month for him to tell someone. His neck bruised up because she choked him after Spencer had brought back Clooney from his day with him and she blamed him for Morgan bad mood.

"Do you know if Denise shows up?" He asks Hotch and Rossi sitting on one of the high spinning chairs in front of Rossi's kitchen isle stealing things Rossi just freshly cut while Hotch prepares the noodles. Garcia, JJ, Emily, Beth, Will with Henry and Jack are in the garden. Spencer loves watching Rossi cook, he doesn't like cooking himself but he loves learning new recipes. Even if they find no use in his mind.

"I bet she will. Beth and Will are here too."

"Why can't we never do something without partners anymore?"

"You mean like we do all day? When we are in different cities? Catching serial killers?" Rossi jokes and puts the tomatoes in a pot. "C'mon what's wrong with having partners here?"

"Beth didn't say anything did she?" Hotch asks worried.

"No."

"Will and you didn't fight about the fact that he is not able to read Henry French books to bed again did you? Because we talked about this, it doesn't do anyone any good if that man tries reading in French." Rossi jokes.

"No."

"So what is it?" He pushes him and the door opens and Morgan and Denise walk in and both of the man standing in the kitchen realize what the problem is. "The others are just outside."

"Thank you for having us." Denise says with a smile and Morgan let's go of her to great Spencer but he just turns away, his head laying on his arms.

"You okay?" Morgan asks pushing his hair strains out of his face. "Pretty boy?" He teases him, his finger running down his neck until he shrugs him off and Morgan laughs. "All right,someone is being moody."

"I am not moody."

"Whatever you say." And then he sees the bruising under the collar of his shirt. "Hey wow, what is that?"

"Stop touching me."

"No hey,sit up." He does and Morgan turns him towards him, and then undoes the first buttons. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

"This is not nothing"

"Maybe Denise can go outside to the others just through the room and then on the right you will see them already." Hotch steps in and Morgan looks up at him confused but doesn't stop him, his hands still holding the shirt while he watches her walk away and the other man in the room can see the pieces in his head click together. "Spencer did you want a dinner without partners because you didn't want Denise here?"

Anxious he nods looking up to Morgan with childlike eyes.

"Did she do this?" Morgan asks grabbing the shirt more tightly.

"It was my fault. I was late- and- and- I dawdled on my way home with Clooney and- and she- she said that- that I ruined your evening."

"What?"

"Because- Because you were in a bad mood because of me. Because I took Clooney."

"You can always take Clooney- I would never be mad because of it. And you weren't late at all you were perfectly fine." He tells him. "What did- what did Denise do when you came into the house?"

"I took the dog food out of the cabinet under the sink and she came downstairs and she grabbed me by the throat and pushed me against the kitchen- and she squeezed her hand around my neck until I promised her I wouldn't take Clooney from you anymore."

"Did she hurt you before?" Hotch steps back in, reading the shock on Morgan's face.

"Yes."

"How- For how long?"

"The first was when we went to the football game and I forgot my sunglasses and you went back to the car for me to get him." Troubled Morgan doesn't let go of him and just looks down on him hoping to find any indication that he is lying. "But it's okay, she won't hurt you I followed all the rules."

"All the rules?" He asks perplexed.

"Don't talk to much,don't stay over, don't touch you, don't spend your weekend at the house,if we are in public don't put your hands over your ears, don't call you or her unless it's important, don't repeat words, don't do attention seeking things like stimming, don't share a room with you on a case, make sure you don't touch me, tell her if you talked to other girls on the case, don't leave you alone with Emily,don't take Clooney for to long, tell her if-"

"That's enough." Rossi interrupts him. "What would happen if you break the rules?"

"She threatened to- ehm to- to do things to you while you sleep but she said- she said she never had to do that but- she- she eh- she- she took a video of you two- of you two having sex and was- was threatening to send it- send it to Hotch- or- or Strauss."

"No video ever crossed my desk and if it had with Strauss I would know." Hotch promises.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you love her." Derek lets go of Spencer's shirt and moves away from him, holding the counter with his right hand. "It's okay if you still love her. I can take it."