fourty five

babe

"alright, jake. that's enough." i said, pulling him from hudson's legs. "where have you been? why haven't you come over?" he looked up at him.

hudson looked at me and i sighed.

he then went down to jacob, "i uh.. i've been busy. really busy with a lot of things right now, but i'll come over soon."

he got back up and looked at me, "i uh.. i want you to meet someone." "please don't be one of your friends." i softly groaned.

i wanted him to know how much i didn't like them. i wanted to know if he would pick us, game shakers, or them.

"calm down. it's not." he said. "who is it, then?" i asked. "come." he took out his hand for me to take.

i immediately got déjà vu.

i looked at his hand for a moment then back to his eyes. i was nervous about having to take it or not.

he was giving me extreme mixed feelings at the moment and i didn't know what to do. all i did was stare at his hand.

"right." he nodded, closing his hand to a fist before putting it down.

i figured he took my silence as a rejection.

but it wasn't that at all. i wanted to take it. every time he made a move i always stupidly dodge it.

why would i do that?

jacob held his hand instead. i was kind of relieved to see them together again. i knew i lost him, but i was glad he was still there for jake.

he led us to a table.

there was a little boy eating a cup of ice cream. hudson sat down in front of him and picked jacob up to sit on his lap.

hudson tapped on the chair beside him a couple of times, wanting me to sit next to him, so i sat down.

"babe, jake, this is starlin." he introduced him to us. starlin looked up at us confusingly.

"star for short." hudson mentioned.

i thought about how cute his name was with a smile forming on my face.

star. interesting.

"star, this is jacob and babe." he said. he looked at us still confused. i couldn't blame him, i was also as confused as he was.

hudson looked at me, "star is gonna be my brother." he said, "he has a twin sister, skylar— sky for short."

i lifted both my eyebrows in shock. i hesitated to speak still surprised, but i was happy for him.

"star and sky?" i asked, "that is just so cute." i said as i looked to star which he responded with a smile and a giggle.

hudson smiled at me.

"you're okay with it, right?" i asked, unsurely. he nodded, "still processing." he said, making me chuckle.

"star! let's race to the balls again!" a little girl came running to us. "later, i'm eating ice cream. come sit down." star replied.