Chapter Two.

Emma watched as Ray ran in front of her. "Ray come on not so fast!" She ran towards him and grabbed his hand; jumping on his back. "Got you!" Ray yelped out loud, and almost fell over at the sudden impact. Though, he kept running. "What are you doing?! Why are you on my back?!" He yells out, looking ahead and seeing the school in his view. Emma smiled at him. "I was bored, and you wanted to run ahead of me." She laughed softly. "Oh I'm sorry, am I a bother to you?" She teased. Ray rolled his eyes, "No carrot top, you're not a bother." He said, a light pink hue covering his face. They finally got to the school, and Ray stopped. "Get off me so we can get to class." Emma shrugged. "You have to say please or no deal!" She began to wrap her arms around him tighter, as well as her legs. A groan could be heard from Ray, and he started to try and push her off. "Get. Off of me, Emma!" He yelled. Emma fell onto the ground and looked up at him, trying not to cry. "T-That wasn't nice, Ray!" She got up and began to walk to her class. Ray stood in place for a moment, thinking to himself. He hadn't meant to make her upset, he didn't think it would hurt her that much. Realizing he should probably give her some space, he started to slowly walk to his class. There was no doubt, Emma was struggling in school. She preferred to make paper airplanes, so she did. The end of the day came around and she got her progress report, she put it in her back and walked out without reading it. Ray had been doing fine in school, which wasn't a surprise to him. Though, it wasn't as good as he'd want it to be. He constantly lost motivation to do anything at all, but still somehow maintained good grades. Nearing the end of the day, he looked over his progress report and sighed. "I could do better." He muttered to himself, and he started to walk out of the school. Looking around, he caught up to Emma, hoping she wasn't still cross with him. "Yo." He said, walking along with the redhead. Emma looked at him. "Hey.." She mumbled and looked into her bag. "Look what I made in math class! A paper airplane!" The plane was made out of school work. "Oh, and I got my grades. Though, I haven't seen them yet." Ray looked at her plane. "Don't you think you should do your work, instead of turning them into airplanes?" He teased, but he also meant it. Ray tried his best to help Emma, but it was hard when she got so distracted like that. "I guess, but it's boring and it's hard to comprehend everything." She sighed and looked down. She was quiet for a moment before looking back up at him. "What about your grades? I wanna know yours before I see mine." Ray shrugged and gave her his progress report. "I could have done better." He said, in a somewhat disappointed tone. Ray looked down at the ground. Emma smiled. "Wow Ray, your grades are really good!" She said cheerfully and handed it back to him. "Let me see mine!" She was about to get her progress report out but got nervous as soon as she did. "You know what, never mind!" Ray tilted his head, "I'm sure they aren't that bad." He said, trying to make her feel better. Then he shrugged. "Either way, there's always next to do better." Ray said, reassuringly. Emma nodded and looked at her grades. Her eyes widened and she shook her head. "This can't be right, I can't be doing the bad." She mumbled as she looked at her c's and d's. Ray leaned over a bit, peaking at her grades. He raised his eyebrows, a bit shocked at how low they were. "Emma, what have you been doing during class?" He said curiously. Emma put her paperback in her bag and shrugged. "I haven't been paying attention that much, but it's not my fault. It's hard.." She began to tremble. Ray sighed, putting his hands in his pockets. "We always have next time, I'm sure we can work on your grades." He said, patting her on the shoulder. Emma rubbed the back off her head. "Your right, it's been a long day and I'm tired. Can I please get on your back again? I don't feel like walking.." Ray was a bit surprised that she asked that, considering how he pushed her off this morning. "Yeah." He stopped, bending a bit so she could easily get on his back. Emma smiled and hopped up. "Thank you." She rested her head against him and kicked her feet back and forth slightly. She took out her paper airplane and held it up. Ray nodded, "hold on." He said calmly. Then, he started running back home, thinking of ways to explain why they had broken a window that morning. He also tried to think of ways he could try and help Emma with her grades. Emma nodded and wrapped her arm around her. "Look my plane is flying!" She waved her paper airplane around. Ray smiled up at her slightly, happy that she had quickly bounced back from being upset. Finally, they ended up home, and Ray stopped. "You can get off now, we're home." He said calmly, knowing not to push her off like this morning. Emma carefully got down. "Alright! I'm off." She looked through her bag and pulled out the key. "I got it!" She unlocked the door quickly and ran into the house. Ray slowly made his way inside, and immediately to the bedroom. He sat on his bed, taking out some leftover schoolwork. Ray knew he had to work hard if he wanted to get better. He had to get better. So he sat in silence as he worked. Emma messed around most of the time and by the time it hit dark she had gotten nothing done. She laid on her bed as she was completely tired, even though she hadn't done anything. Ray yawned and glanced over at Emma on her bed. "Did you get any homework done?" He asked, tilting his head. He hoped she did, after she got her grades; school should be her top priority. Emma rubbed her eyes and looked over at him. "Sorry, I forgot." She smiled nervously and tucked herself under the blankets. Ray sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "Where's your homework, I'll do it for you." He offered, setting his homework on his side desk. Emma shook her head. "It's fine I'll do it tomorrow, for sure." She procrastinated a lot so even she was pretty sure she was not going to do it. Ray hopped off his bed and walked over to Emma's bed. He kneeled in front of her bag and started rummaging through it. "You say that, but we both know you'll end up not doing it." Ray stated, and then took her homework out. He headed back to his bed; and started looking over it. Emma got up and walked over to his bed. "I promise I'll get it done tomorrow, I wanna go to sleep now. It's getting late." Ray rolled his eyes, keeping her homework away from her. "You can go ahead and sleep, I'm the one doing the homework." He said, sarcastically. Emma huffed a bit. "Then I'll feel too guilty and not be able to sleep! Please I'll make sure to get it done tomorrow! That way we'll both be able to sleep." She stood up and turned the lights off. Ray sighed and gave her the homework back. "It better be done by tomorrow, Emma." He said sternly. He then grabbed his papers back and started studying the material for the class. Emma nodded and placed her homework back in her bag. She laid down and covered herself in a couple of blankets. "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight.." She mumbled. Ray yawned and then waved at Emma. "Sleep well." He said quietly. For the rest of the time, he mostly spent it studying. Late into the night, he finally put his stuff away and laid down. Pulling the covers over his shoulders, he closed his eyes; attempting to get some rest for the night.

//WOW WOW- I wrote another chapter in a day. Again feel free to comment on anything I did or spelled wrong. If you liked my story then go ahead and vote! I hope you guys are having a good day! Bye-bye!//