2

When the colonel woke up in the morning, it all felt like a fever dream. Getting up didn't change any of that, the only proof of what happened last night was a single feather left on the table. Either it be by accident or on purpose, the singular feather rested on the table. Picking it up he inspects it, looking at the feather, it's deep red color still vibrant, despite being away from its owner for so long. With great care he hung the feather up on a shelf, a reminder of the hero that saved him.

Moving on with his day, Sanders started his morning routine. Taking a quick shower to freshen up, combing his hair, and brushing his teeth. Once he's done with that, he puts on his iconic outfit, a white collared shirt, his signature tie placed precariously in its allotted spot, sporting a white suit jacket over it all. Finishing it all off with some white slacks, Sanders heads off to the kitchen for a quick breakfast before heading off to work.

Sanders found some leftover biscuits that he made a previous morning. After warming it up for a few seconds, he added some of his signature honey butter and started his journey to work.

The commute wasn't too terrible, the train was mostly empty, it was early enough in the morning that most people still haven't left for work yet. Once off of the train, the Colonel walks the rest of the journey to the small diner that he works at. When he arrives at the diner, he takes off his suit coat, and replaces it with a red apron, ready to start his shift. It was a smaller restaurant, with a bar type setup, so you could see and talk to the chef as they cooked. There was also a few booths and tables set up as well, for those with larger groups, or for those who are just feeling antisocial.

As the colonel started to prep for the upcoming breakfast rush, his manager Kantoku was getting the restaurant ready to open.

"Morning Colonel," Kantoku said as he was putting down chairs, "How's life?"

"Pretty chaotic I guess." Colonel replied.

"Oh?"

"Yesterday as I was heading to lunch, this guy tried to rob me."

"Did I hear that right?"

"That I nearly got robbed and killed, yes."

"You act like this is Normal, that is not Normal, it is very opposite from normal. Have you talked to the police? Are you ok? Do you need therapy?"

"Well, the police asked a few questions, I currently am unharmed physically, and I have yet to establish signs of PTSD if that is going to happen, so I should be good."

"So, wanna elaborate on what happened?"

"Well, I was leaving the market, but then this guy held a knife up to me, and then being the intelligent person I am, I ran."

"Well, what happened next?"

" I was getting there," Colonel said, " but you keep interrupting."

"Sorry" Kantoku apologized, "please continue."

"Well, I ran into an alleyway where I hid, and it turns out, backing yourself into a corner isn't that smart. Long story short, right when I was about to get the stabby stab death, but then this hero came and saved me."

"Did you at least get the name of this hero?"

"Yeah, his name was Hawks, super nice guy. He seems like he's always in a rush, but I was able to invite him over for some dinner."

"Did you just say Hawks?"

"Yeah?"

"Like, big red wings, looks like a designer homeless man, that Hawks?