011. GOODNIGHT AND GO

Nighttime came quickly, and God, was it awkward. My home was quite small, with only three bedrooms. One was for my parents, so of course it was off limits. Bella usually stayed in my older brothers room, who had gone off to university a few years prior. With my luck, of course, that left only one room left. And two people.

Harry set his suitcase down by my door with a small smile, admiring my room around me. "Wow, it's just like it was in primary school." He said and turned around, looking at all of my posters plastered against the light pink walls I insisted on having when I was young. I folded my clothes and stuffed them into my practically full dresser, shaking it a little. Harry continued to walk around my room and examine all of my belongings.

I finished putting my clothing away and hopped into my bed, sitting up as I straightened out my little pile of stuffed animals in the corner. I adjusted the bow tie that my favorite koala wore; one that Harry had brought me back after a show in Australia in 2012. I stopped immediately as a quick movement alerted me.

Although it was nearing two o'clock in the morning, don't tell me I was dreaming when I felt Harry awkwardly shift beside me in my bed. "What're you doing in here?" I asked with an annoyed tone. The bed simply wasn't big enough for starters, I was so deeply tired, and I was still somewhat mad at Harry.

"Trying to sleep. You?" He answered with a small grin and pulled a blanket atop of his bare chest and stomach. His small tattoos on his shoulders peeked out from the blanket as he smiled up at me. I rolled my eyes and laid down, facing the wall and away from Harry. I still felt him staring at me as I took the blanket and tugged it towards me, slipping it off of Harrys body.

"Hey! I'm cold too." Harry called out as he tucked his knees into his chest. "Fine. We have to share, but just lay there completely still and we should both have enough." I reasoned with Harry who laid on his back, as did I.

"How arrogant."

"That, too." He crossed his arms over his bare chest, the movement making the muscles in his arms flicker. "Put a shirt on while you're at it, if you're that cold." I quipped a feline smile. "Does it make you uncomfortable?" Harry asked me with a small smirk, examining his arms and lower body. "I'm surprised you didn't bring and mirrors with you to hang up in my house, since you love looking at yourself so much."

"Aw, you really do know me well, Maggie Marie." Harry launched into a coughing fit as he choked on his words, leaning into my bed frame with his hands. He looked .. hot. His hair fell into his face as he bent over almost perfectly, and the veins in his hands flexed perfectly as he gripped onto my headboard for support. I just turned away, a hand clamping over my mouth. Harrys lips twitched together, "Theres the Maggie I adore."

His sarcastic tone was one that I couldn't figure out. Did I like it? Did I hate it? He climbed back into the bed after he recovered from his mini respiratory attack, laying on his back just as I had instructed him. We stared up at the ceiling, looking slightly lifeless as I laid the blanket gently across both of our bodies. It barely fit, but it did the job.

A few moments of silence passed before I got annoyed and remembered that I was supposed to be mad at Harry. I wasn't supposed to be enjoying sleeping next to him. That's weird. I rolled over and let the blanket fall off of my shoulder. He could have it. I tucked my knees to my chest so tightly until I was in a fetal position and I faced the wall, counting numbers in my head.

Counting always made me fall asleep faster, and the sooner I could fall asleep, the better. It would make this whole painful encounter go by a lot quicker. I felt Harry shift around in the bed beside me, but I still refused to look. I heard the sound of his feet tip toe across the wooden floor, then the sound of a zipper quickly moving.

I felt Harry climb back into my bed, and I felt a large sweatshirt drape over my upper half. "This is all I have. I hope it's alright." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as I rolled back over, staring up at him.I wrapped the piece of clothing around my body, breathing in it's comforting scent. It smelled just like Harry. Perhaps this'd make me fall asleep a little faster.

"Thank you." I replied quietly as Harry pulled the blanket across himself, leaning his body sideways to face mine. I felt my cheeks burn a little as he came close to my face. I inhaled sharply and turned back over, facing my wall. Now that we had laid our cards on the table, or at least tried to, the secrecy and the shame had almost dissipated. But with those secrets contained the dash of unspoken hope that had kept everything apart these past few days.

What made me blush in the end was not the natural embarrassment of the moment when I could tell he'd caught me trying to hold his gaze only to then let mine fade ever so quickly. What made me blush was the thrilling yet scary possibility, quite unbelievable and unlikely as I'd like it to remain, that he'd might actually like me, and the sort of way that I liked him.

THANKS FOR READING

VOTE / COMMENT

© someghoststories