Episode 5

The sun shines bright the next morning. Mark had woken up already, drinking his hot coffee as he stares at the window. Sooin stirs around the bed before she awakens as well. Seeing her husband still with her in the morning made her happy and warm. She pushes the blanket away from her as she stands up on her feet to hug him. 

"Mark," she called.

"Hmm?" Mark hummed without looking away from the window. "Though I might not be myself when I am ill, please know that I mean it when I say I love you. I'm not drunk. I'm not high. I can still think so I do really love you." The princess hugs the prince from behind, leaning her face on his back.

Mark slowly turns around to face her. With his two hands, he cupped her face as if it was the most fragile glass in the world. "Of course I know that. I love you too. So much, my dear." He brushed her bangs behind her ear. A gentle kiss he planted on her adorable nose.

Oh, how much he adored her wife when she's not cranky and yelling. She used to be so kind and sweet just like her twin. Perhaps becoming a princess had made her greedy and always hoping for more. Being the ruler of the kingdom does sound quite fancy. Who doesn't wish to have that title? Everybody on this land would like a life where you don't have to work hard to gain wealth and power.

"You feel so warm. Can we stay like this for the whole day?" Sooin leaned her head on his shoulder. Mark chuckled at her clinginess. "Not today, sweetheart. I have horse riding practice today. I'll get back to you as soon as possible." He quickly gives a peck on her lips before leaving the room to fill his schedule for that day.

Four years ago...

The chief guard headed towards the basement dungeon where he locked the king's fifth mistress after they were caught doing the dirty. Of course, it is never the king's fault but it would be the mistress' fault for seducing a married king with three wives. Even with three wives, he still played around with other women who were country bumpkins.

However, it was not the king's order to lock the woman up in the dungeon. It was his first wife, Prince Taeyong and Prince Jeno's mother who locked her up. Without the king's knowledge, of course.

"Kill her. Off with her head." The queen said coldly. Not even caring about the woman's situation. Her hair's a mess, dress all dirty, shivering in cold and lips were trembling in fear. The queen ignored her begging for forgiveness, begging for her life.

She knew the mistress was dead when there was no more sound of her annoying voice crying for help. The guard's sword was red in blood, the liquid dripping off the blade and onto the dirty floor of the dungeon.

"Now," The queen looked at the chief. "Tell me your wish."

He immediately kneeled down for the queen, his sword already inside the sleeve. "You told me you would grant any wish of mine, did you not, your Majesty?"

"Of course. Say it to me."

"I want my two daughters to live in this castle, your Majesty."

"Very well. I'm sure there's plenty of room for more maids."

"No."

The queen frowned. "No?"

"I do not want them to work here as I did, your Majesty. I want them to live comfortably on big beds and have assistants for them just like you, my royal queen." The queen frowned more.

"You mean.."

"Please let my daughters be your prince's princess, Your Majesty."

The queen rolled her eyes. She was not happy with the deal. How could she let her sons, her royal sons, marry a servant's daughter? But she already made a promise to the chief guard. She trusts the guard more than anybody else in the castle.

"Fine. As long as you keep your mouth shut."

Sooin and Sooah had never been to the castle even though their father worked there for more than 20 years. They were only 19 when they stepped into the castle grounds to meet their future husband.

Sooin held Sooah's hand tight. Her heart beats fast as they both walked into the room they were told to go in. The room was bigger than their whole house. There was a long table in it and three princes were already seated. One of them was holding a girl's hand. The twins assumed that he's the prince that got engaged last month.

Deep inside, Sooin wished that she'd marry the crown prince, Prince Taeyong. That way, she can be the queen one day.

But before the twins could say a thing, the three queens came into the room. The first queen, Taeyong's mother said "Whichever is the older one of you will marry the crown prince."

And just like that, Sooin's smile dropped. While Sooah just looked confused. "Your Majesty, I think-"

"You don't like that?" The queen cuts Sooah's words. "Then leave. The door is open for you."

The girls then went quiet. "You can't marry Prince Donghyuck since he's engaged with Princess Ahyoung." The queen looked at Sooin, the younger twin.

"Your Majesty, as rude as it might look, I think I would like to leave." Sooin got up from her seat, letting go of her sister's hand. Everyone in the room widens their eyes at Sooin's behaviour. Even Sooah was surprised at her sister's action.

Sooin opened the door but instead of seeing an exit, he sees the second prince, Prince Mark instead. Her heart skipped a beat when their eyes met.

In just merely seconds, she studied the prince. His hair was a little damp from sweat. His leggings were black and tight. One of his hand was wearing a leather glove and also holding the other glove. He wore a white dress shirt and a black vest. Just from the looks of it, Sooin knew he was horse riding before coming here.

"My apologies," He smiled. "I didn't know someone was behind the door."

Mark looked around the room. "Oh, are you the one I will be marrying?" he points at Sooin.

"Yes." She smiles.

I didn't get the crown prince but at least I got the cutest one.

Sorry for the late update.
Btw, are you buying the
repackage album?
hello future? bcs i am!