Episode 6

"It's been a long time since we did archery, hasn't it, Prince Jeno?" Princess Sooah said while folding her sleeves up to begin their archery session that day. The prince smiled at her. "Has it? I did not notice that." He took his bow and started his shoot. It wasn't perfectly in the middle of the target but still impressive. 

Princess Sooah smirked. She aligns her bow against her chest. She has better sight on her right so she sets her left hip towards the target. The princess closes her left eye, took a deep breath and shoots. The maids who were accompanying them clapped their hands when she accurately hits the middle of the target. Prince Jeno whistles, impressed by her archery skills. 

"Shall we make a bet, sister?"

"Shall we?"

 -

The other princes were horse riding, appreciating their sibling bonding time. Princess Ahyoung took care of both Hyukah and Yuni since her mother was sick. Though, Ahyoung thinks she's faking it just so she could take a break from taking care of the old fart.

"You look so much like your father, you know that, Yuni? Such round eyes, you have." Ahyoung carried Yuni and they were staring at the mirror. "So adorable." she snuggles their nose together. 

Without a knock, Princess Mei Qing entered the playroom. "Aren't you suppose to take care of his majesty?" Princess Ahyoung frowned at the sight of the younger princess but the younger just shrugged. "He's sleeping and I got bored."

"Sister, I have questions." Mei Qing sits on one of the big sofas in the room. The older's silence was taken as a green light to continue her talking. "How does it feel to be a mother?" As quick as lightning, Ahyoung turns around to look at Mei Qing.

"You.."

"Auntie have baby in tummy?" Hyukah asks the same question that Ahyoung was wondering. Mei Qing looked at Hyukah. then to Ahyoung and to Hyukah and then back to Ahyoung. "Oh, no. I'm on my period."

"Oh." Ahyoung clears her throat. "It's beautiful of course. Hyukah was inside me, came out of me and now he's growing every day in front of me. It feels like a miracle. And honestly, the most beautiful sight would be seeing how his father takes care of his child. It makes me forget all the hard times I went through while pregnant and giving birth. Makes me wish for more children so I could see him act like a father more." Ahyoung stroked Yuni's face while she talks, making the baby smile as well. Ahyoung sighs. "I want a daughter next."

Mei Qing listened attentively to the older but with a boring face. "I don't think I'm convinced. I don't want to be a mother." Ahyoung just rolls her eyes at Mei Qing's response. She puts Yuni in her cradle and then proceeds to carry Hyukah. "No one asked you to become one."

"But isn't there a real reason why you wanted Hyukah in the first place?" Ahoung frowned. "What do you mean?" Mei Qing got up and stepped closer and closer to her sister-in-law. Close enough to whisper in her ear.

"You just wanted to be a mother because you want Prince Donghyuk to inherit the throne and rule the kingdom and then Hyukah will grow up to be the crown prince. Have I been incorrect, sister?" Mei Qing smirked at the older princess

"Maiden!" Princess Ahyoung called and the maiden from outside immediately rushed into the room. 

"Yes, your highness?" 

"Take Prince Hyukah and Princes Yuni outside. They need to see the sun." The maiden listened to her orders, took the babies and left the room.

And just as soon as that, the older pushes the younger with her arm all the way till the latter's back hits the wall. Ahyoung had her elbow to the wrist on Mei Qing's neck. Her other hand held down her wrist so Mei Qing was locked there. 

With greeted teeth, Ahyoung said, "Don't you dare look down on me. Whatever reason why I had a child is none of your business. Also, with or without Hyukah, at the end of the day, it's not your husband who will be king." She scoffed at the end of her sentence.

Even with restricted movements, Mei Qing still managed to push Ahyoung away from her. "You! Don't look down on me! You think I have no idea of what goes on in this castle but I do know. You, Sooah, Sooin, everyone! Thinks that I don't know a thing just because I'm from a foreign land. Just watch. Watch as this young foreign childless princess take over the kingdom with my husband. Maybe only then you won't look down on me. And when I do, you'll be the first person I kick out of this place." Ahyoung widened her eyes in shock at the princess' words.

"You!" The older grabbed a fistful of the younger's hair and pulls it but of course, Mei Qing doesn't just sit back. She pulled Ahyoung's collar and they both yelled at each other.

And as if on cue, the princes and Princess Sooah finished their sports activity as they ran towards the playroom where the other two princesses were fighting.

Prince Donghyuck pulled away his wife and Princess Sooah pulled Mei Qing. Prince Jeno was too shocked at the situation. He never saw his wife get mad before, Prince Taeyong was disappointed and Prince Mark felt like he wasn't supposed to be there. Before any questions were asked, Princess Mei Qing said "She started it! She called me young and ignorant."

Ahyoung gasped in disbelief. "You crazy witch!"

"You don't call my wife that!" Prince Jeno yelled.

"You don't yell at my wife!" Prince Donghyuck barked back.

"Enough!" Taeyong finally raised his voice. All eyes were on him now. "I do not care who started it first. Someone started and someone responded and you two fought. That explains more than enough. Father is lying sick in bed and you two have the audacity to fight. Not just verbally but also physically. Now I want you two to write an apology letter and send one copy to me and another to each other. Understood?"

"No." Mei Qing said. "You're not even crown prince anymore. What makes you think you are the one in charge? She started it. What I say is the truth and all her words are lies. Also, I have no reason to write an apology to you." Mei Qing pushed Princess Sooah's hands away and walked out of the room, leaving all of their jaws hanging open.