Chapter 2

Hi I'm terrible at using apostrophes :D

Also now it's match's turn to be gay

———————————————-

School was incredibly boring like always. Match had the same classes every single day, and it was getting extremely repetitive.

English, physical education, math, lunch, science, social studies, and finally, French class. Then go home and repeat it all the next day. At this point, match would do anything to have something even the slightest bit interesting happen. Luckily, this wish was effortlessly handed to her in the middle of science class.

Their math and science teacher, Mr. X, had just left the classroom to print extra worksheets when flower and her girlfriend ruby, walked to the front of the classroom. Flower's soulmate died in a car crash long before they ever met, but, that didn't discourage flower in the slightest. She and ruby were extremely happy together, so happy, in fact, that on multiple occasions they'd been mistaken for soulmates.

Match sat uncomfortably in her chair as she struggled to remember what the heck absolute zero was. She tilted her head to the side, intending on asking pencil if she remembered, when flower cleared her throat. Quite loudly match might add, making all heads turn their direction. Even pencil looked up from her sketchbook she was mindlessly doodling in.

Match was expecting flower to make a big speech about how she needs someone to do her homework for her, but instead ruby started talking.

"So flower and I have decided," ruby quickly grabbed flowers hand tightly for extra support, and flower was happy to comply. "That we're going to throw a party at her house in two weeks."

Out of the corner of match's eye, she could see blocky grinning evilly. That was never a good sign.

After flower explained the details of the party and confirmed everyone could make it, she and ruby took their seats at the back of the class again, still holding hands.

Not much long after, Mr. X returned to the class and the rest of the day went smoothly.

——————————-

"So party at flowers place, eh?" Pencil asked match while they walked over to their lockers.

"Yeah!! I'm really excited!!" Match smiled happily, practically skipping over to her locker right beside pencils.

Pencil smiled softly as she put her binders away in her locker. "Blocky's going to spike the drinks isn't he?" Pencil asked, shutting and locking her locker, while match followed suit.

"Oh definitely. There's absolutely no way anyone's going to talk him out of it. And we all know it." She tucked a loose hair behind her ear and continued. "Well, it should still be fun, even if everyone's passed out on the floor by the end of it."

This earned a laugh from pencil, and match felt blush creeping onto her face as she listened attentively to pencils laugh. Which, according to match, was one of the most amazing things ever, and it could make anyone's day ten times brighter.

"I just wish the party didn't have to be formal." Pencil sighed.

Match rolled her eyes playfully. "You don't like when anything's formal."

"Well sorry if I think formal wear is uncomfortable"

Match and pencil slipped on their backpacks and walked out of school. "But it's not!! Plus you always look great in a dress!!" Pencil blushed and took her phone out of her pocket when match gasped.