Cigarettes & Scars

Growing up in a Black household wasn't easy for anyone

Growing up in a Black household wasn't easy for anyone. Especially when they were the daughter of Cygnus and Druella Black.

Being one of four siblings, this was the case for Iris Black. Her life was a living hell. Her parents and her older sibling, Bellatrix, would constantly gang up on her, hurting her both emotionally and physically.

Her only escape came from Andromeda and Narcissa. The two triplets were unable to help Iris, but they were always there for her after the fact. Iris knew this, and did whatever she could to keep the other two safe from the wrath of their eldest sibling and their parents.

Although they were triplets, Iris was the older sibling of the three, taking the role of protective older sister over Andromeda and Narcissa.

Being one of the Black sisters, the three of them automatically were hated, stereotyped into the mean, pure-blood, Slytherin role, when in reality, the triplets were anything but.

While Iris could rely on Andromeda and Narcissa for a lot, she always felt lonely, like the connection that was supposed to be felt between the triplets was severed, her end of their three-way string hanging on by a thread.

Iris looks for another escape from her day to day life, finding the comfort and escape she needs in a harmful way.

Remus Lupin has struggled with being a werewolf ever since he was turned into one at the young age of four. His friends were the only people he could trust with the knowledge, but even within his own friend group, he felt lonely. So, he too turned to cigarettes for the comfort and escape he needed.

When he takes notice of Iris Black in his later years, he realizes he isn't the only one who has more things going on in their life than it seems.

Both of their bodies are littered with scars, and they both turn to harmful substances when they have nothing and no-one else to turn to.

-Adelaide