9.

TW: mentions of trauma from abuse as well as slightly su!c!dal thoughts

TW: mentions of trauma from abuse as well as slightly su!c!dal thoughts. the thoughts are in italics so they'll be easier to spot.

Iris, James, and Rosie had all made it safely back to his house. Euphemia and Fleamont had been so excited, and made Iris immediately feel welcome.

Iris had been feeling doubtful when James made the offer, and even still when they arrived at the house. However, Euphemia and Fleamont didn't prod at her for information on what happened, (though they already knew most of it) and helped her take her few things upstairs to her new room.

The Potter's house was huge, with plenty of rooms to spare. On the lower floor was the kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom, master bath, and another bathroom. On the upper floor was James' bedroom, Sirius' bedroom, Iris' new bedroom, a bedroom for the two houselves (Rosie and Maxie), a bathroom in each room, an office for Fleamont, and a sewing room for Euphemia.

After spending their first night in the Potter household, Rosie went straight to Iris' room and they talked about it. Rosie was extremely exited about her new roommate, Maxie, another female elf. The small elf practically blushed just talking about her, leading to a bunch of teasing from Iris.

Iris was happiest about the bed, if she was being honest. It almost was like she was sleeping on a cloud compared to her old bed. Her old bed was almost rock hard, probably why she was tired constantly. But, her new bed was so soft and she had gotten the best sleep she'd ever had in a couple of years.

A knock on the door broke the two out of their conversation, and Rosie popped! away, saying something about Maxie. Iris called out for the person on the other side of the door to come in, and Euphemia walked in with a tray of food.

"Mrs. Potter, you really didn't-" Iris started, before she was cut off by Euphemia.

"You've had a rough time lately, and I thought you might like a nice breakfast in bed," Euphemia sat at the edge of the bed.

"Thank you, Mrs.Potter."

"Please, call me Euphemia or Mia." The older woman smiled. "Oh, and if James and Sirius get loud and it bothers you, just let them know. I'm sure they'll shut up for you much easier than they will for me, seeing as you are Sirius' cousin after all."

They talked for a little more, before Euphemia left, saying she wanted to finish something she was sewing. Once Iris finished eating, she made her way downstairs to put her dishes in the sink, waving an awkward 'hello' to James when they pass each other in the hallway on her way back up.

When Iris gets back to her room, she contemplates getting Rosie again, but decides against it. She should let Rosie and Maxie get to know each other. She decided to instead change into something a little more presentable than her pajamas, walking over to her unpacked luggage and opening it.