6.

TW: abuse and mentions of rape

A/N: I listened to a playlist on Spotify called 'the noble house of black' by '<3' I definitely recommend doing that

A/N: I listened to a playlist on Spotify called 'the noble house of black' by '<3'  I definitely recommend doing that

Iris took a deep breath as she stepped onto the train, following Regulus rather than her siblings. She had already said goodbye to Grace and her sisters, telling them that she would see them after break.

She was glad that Regulus has suggested that she sit with him during the train ride, as they would be leaving together anyways. But in reality, she just didn't want to have to engage in pointless conversation before she was thrown into a situation in which she had no idea what the outcome would be.

The cousins placed their luggage in the over head compartments before sitting across from one another. "We've got the compartment to ourselves so I can try and prepare you more for what it will be like when we get there."

Regulus paused, continuing again once Iris nodded. "Sirius knows you will be staying with us over break, and I saw him board the train so chances are he will find out about what things are usually like at your place. But, you can trust him. As I've mentioned before, our parents never laid a hand on us, so you should be okay in that department. I don't know why it's just you who has to stay with us, but it's just the way it is."

He noticed Iris' facial expression, worry written all over her face. It wasn't a look that most people would have recognized, as she was able to mask it fairly well. Regulus knew this look well though, one that he had seen many times on the face of his older brother. He offered her a weak smile and stood, moving to sit next to her. He placed her head on his shoulder and began speaking again after Iris muttered a small 'thank you'.

"Onion informed me by letter that your house elf Rosie had already arrived at Grimmauld Place, and she was readying a place for your arrival." Iris snickered at the name Regulus had called his father, enjoying the time spent with her cousin. "We should get some sleep before we arrive. We may need it."

Iris nodded, "Okay. Night, Reggie." Both cousins closed their eyes, Regulus leaning his head against the window and Iris leaning hers against him. The two quickly fell asleep, worry clouding their dreams, turning Iris' into nightmares.

Halfway through one of the worse nightmares, she bolted awake, sweat beading her forehead. Iris took a moment to calm her breathing and looked out the window, only to see they were quite close to the station. She nudged Regulus, waking him and telling him they needed to be ready to leave.

Seconds after they finished gathering their things, Sirius appeared at the compartment door, explaining that it wouldn't go
well if he appeared with his friends. Iris just nodded, remembering what it had been like for her when her and her sisters got off the train with Dorcas and Marlene.

The group of three made their way off of the train, Sirius leading the group. Iris quickly spotted their parents, being the only two to look out of place.