Chapter 2

When he got home that afternoon, he felt relieved that the day had gone so quickly, but deeply saddened. He wanted to talk to him more, but he couldn't. "I'm home!" he called out into the house. His mother came down to greet him after returning home, "Hello, Kyotaka! How was school?" His mother asked with a smile. "It was good, I made tons of friends." He replied nonchalantly, "what's the matter? You're usually so emotional and happy when you come home!"
"Oh it's nothing, I'm just tired. This curriculum is very difficult to get adjusted to." He replied. "Oh, alright. I understand that you're tired after your first day of high school. You can rest all you want! We're having chicken for dinner, by the way." His mother told him, understandingly. He went up to his room and solemnly  sat at his desk to do what was usually the most easiest of tasks for him, doing homework. He was called down for dinner at around six PM. "So, how was school today?" His father asked, "Oh, it was alright. I made some pretty good friends..." Kyotaka answered
"Ah, I see. But it was more then that, wasn't it?" His son went silent thinking that his father had cracked the code so easily, what would he do then? This silence was briefly ended when his father said; "it's a girl, isn't it?" He was relieved that his father didn't come to the conclusion he was afraid of. "Y-Yeah" he stammered, "it... it's a girl... a girl in my class, she's really nice, and... pretty." "Ah, I see, she seems lovely! I'd like to meet her some day, what's her name?" That was the moment it all practically fell apart for him, he panicked and just threw out; "Toko.... Her name is Toko Fukawa..." what was he thinking? He had barely even spoken to that girl, and he claiming he was in love with her!? Well.. to be fair he didn't really talk to Owada that much either... well, that didn't matter, this was just a cover up! It's not a problem! Right? Haha, right? Wrong, this led to a series of even more unfortunate events, hey! Like the book!