Adrien's Breakdown - MLB Oneshot

Hi. Okay, it's been a while since I've written any fanfiction. Almost a year. But I was thinking about what might happen in Miraculous season 4, and one of the top things on my wish list is that Adrien will have a breakdown. I know that sounds evil (wtf is wrong with me lol) but it just bothers me that the poor kid has been through a lot but the writers of MLB don't really show him being upset unless it's about Ladybug.

So anyway, this is something I can imagine happening in season 4. (TW: depressive episode)

---

Adrien's phone started beeping, signalling that it was time to get up and start getting ready for school. However, the boy didn't even react.

"Adrien, it's time to get up!" Plagg ordered, jumping on his holder's head, which was buried underneath the covers. "I need my morning Camembert!"

The blonde groaned and pulled his pillow to his chest.

"Kid?"

Adrien shook his head.

"Hey, what's the matter? You have school in an hour."

"Do I have to go?"

"Your father would be mad if you didn't. Besides, don't you want to see your friends?"

Adrien sighed and emerged from his blanket. His eyes were red and puffy, but Plagg didn't know if he should ask about that. It was obvious the kid had a rough night. Wouldn't be the first time.

The boy didn't have the energy to shower, so he threw on the nearest outfit, grabbed his book bag, and headed downstairs.

"What about breakfast?" Plagg asked. It was less of a complaint, and more of a concern.

"Not hungry."

"Adrien, you can't go to school on an empty stomach. You won't be able to learn anything if all you're thinking about is food!"

"I'll eat at lunch."

Plagg flew over and sat on Adrien's shoulder as he walked through the house. The kwami wished there was something he could say to make his friend feel better, but he didn't know which words to use. So, instead, he placed his little arms around the side on Adrien's neck.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Hugging you. Is it working or do I just look ridiculous?"

Adrien chuckled lightly. "Both. Thanks, Plagg."

The kwami flew into Adrien's shirt as Nathalie sauntered into the main hall, a clipboard in hand.

"Hey, Nathalie?" Adrien called out. "May I stay home from school today? I don't... I'm not feeling well."

The woman gave him a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry Adrien, but I'm afraid your father won't allow it."

Adrien sighed. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Bye, Nathalie."

And with that, he pushed through the doors and headed for the car.

...

At school, Adrien walked into class without a word to anyone. His usual confidence was absent, and Mlle. Bustier almost marked him down as such when he didn't respond to his name being called for attendance. While the teacher gave her lesson, Nino put a hand on Adrien's shoulder, silently asking what was wrong, but Adrien just brushed him off.

Several thoughts and memories were running through Adrien's mind. He was up late last night, thinking about his mom, and now all that remained was an empty feeling. It were instances like these that made him feel the most alone.