Beyond the Love Square Part 2

Totally forgot to mention this earlier, but when I originally wrote this (which I think was back in 2019), Juleka hadn't been given the tiger miraculous yet. I have no idea what possessed me to give it to y/n for this story, but oh well. 

Ladybug's POV

"Marinette? What are you doing here?" Master Fu asks as I throw open the door to his apartment.

"My lucky charm led me here," I explain.

"Oh, I see," he replies, and heads for the miracle box. "Choose wisely."

I kneel down and let my hand hover over the miracle box, looking for a miraculous that suits the situation. Upon realizing that there isn't a specific power that will help defeat Pouring Rage, I decide to choose the miraculous that fits y/n the best. I pick up the bracelet with the paw print charm, and stand up.

"Thank you Master," I say, and transform.

"Good luck, Ladybug."

————-

I rush back to help Chat with Pouring Rage. To my uttermost surprise, y/n is also fighting. They're using Chat's baton as a sword. When the pair sees me running towards them, they back away from Pouring Rage and meet me in an alleyway.

"Ladybug!" Chat cries. "It's about time!"

"Sorry!" I say, then I turn to y/n, my hand outstretched with a little black box. "This is the Miraculous of the tiger. When you've completed the task, you are to return it to me, and never disclose to anyone that you borrowed it. Do you understand?"

Y/n nods. They open the box, and a little kwami flies out.

"Hello, my name is Roaar. To transform, all you have to say is Roaar, stripes on!"

Y/n repeats the phrase, and within seconds, y/n transforms into a tiger themed superhero. (A/n: imagine yourself however you like)

"Now what?" She asks.

"Now we fight!" Chat answers. "Let's go!"

The three of us run towards Pouring Rage, all set on freeing the victim from the akuma's control. But of course, Chat just had to start up a conversation.

"So, Tiger-Kid, got any name ideas?" he asks y/n.

"Uh... didn't you just give me one?"

"That was just a suggestion. You can always change it!" Chat laughs. "But all joking aside, you look really good in stripes."

"Good to know," y/n replies sarcastically, rolling their eyes. "Can we please focus on saving my mom?"

"Yeah, Chat!" I agree. "Save the flirting for later!"

Chat's POV

Flirting? She thought I was flirting? No, I would never. I only flirt with my lady. Or at least, I used to. But y/n does have this aura about them...

Snap out of it! I scold myself. You can't be thinking about romance right now!

We reach Pouring Rage, who's floating up in the sky, just as lightning illuminates the sky again. The thunder that follows is louder than anything I've ever heard before.

"Mom!" Y/n calls. "Come on, cut it out! This isn't you!"

Pouring Rage makes it rain harder.

"You're a good person! You don't need Hawkmoth!"

The villain shows no sign of response.

"Mom, please! I know you're mad, but all you need to do is talk to me!"

"I am not your mother; I am Pouring Rage!"

y/n looks really concerned. I mean, rightfully so. This would be pretty alarming.

"Don't worry, she doesn't really know what she's doing," I assure them. "We just have to release her from the akuma, and everything will go back to normal."

y/n's POV, after the fight

"What happened?" my mom asks once Ladybug purifies the akuma. She looks around, and realizes she's on the top of the Eiffel Tower. "What am I doing up here?"

"You were akumatized," Chat explains. "Don't worry, everything's okay now."

"I... I didn't know there were any superheroes in France..."

I laugh; neither did I, but then I became one.

"Here, why don't we get you home?" Ladybug suggests. "Tiger, give Chat your miraculous once you're down from the tower."

I wonder why she doesn't ask me to take my own mother home, but then I remember I'm not supposed to mention my identity to anyone. I nod, and watch as the superheroine helps my mom back down to the ground. Once they run off, I get ready to start my descent, but Chat stops me.

"How did you figure out who I am so fast?" he asks.

"A mask isn't enough to hide your identity," I say, rolling my eyes. "I'm a little annoyed that your friend Ladybug hasn't figured it out, especially since you're in the same class."

"In the same... wait, you know who Ladybug is, too?"

"You don't?"

He laughs at my tone, then he seems to remember something. "I promised to take you to the Eiffel Tower tonight, didn't I?"

I think back to earlier today. "Yeah, I guess you did."

He smiles. "Let's just sit here for a while, then."

He detransforms, then so do I. We wait for the sun to go down, which doesn't take long, and I stare in awe at all the pretty lights illuminating the city.

"Worth the wait?" Adrien asks.

"Yes," I breathe. "Definitely."