Chapter One

Chapter One.

Today is the day I have been waiting for. The day I have been dreaming of since I was in college and now, it's finally here! After years and years of hard work running my own small business out of my apartment. Today I officially have a store you can go to in person to see everything that I sell.

"Ready Elle?" I asked my best friend and the co-owner of my store.

"Let's do it Mabel." We cut the ribbon in front of our store and walk in.

This is my dream come true!

We already have the store up and running so now we just wait for our first customers.

I have my friend Derek being a cashier and he does our billing and taxes too. My friend Maggie helps me and Elle run the shop. Now Elle, Maggie, and I are sitting at the couch in the middle of my store waiting for customers.

"How long do you think it will be until we get a sale?" Elle signs and checks her watch. She brushes back her beautiful long curly blonde hair. Elle is my best friend and roommate. We share an apartment with me, her, and my cat Little. Elle is so sweet and kind. She has always been there for me, even when my life was the worst. I am so thankful and grateful for her.

"Anytime now Elle, just be patient." I tell her and myself as well. I can see my hands shaking with anxiety. I go grab my crochet bag so I can crochet while I wait for someone to come in. In my store I sell all my crocheted items like: blankets, hats, scarves, sweaters, and then I sell clothes as well because I sew. I also sell jewelry because I make clay earrings. I have always loved doing crafts like that so it's amazing that my hobbies have become my full time job. I just hope this works.

I crochet while Maggie and Elle play on their phones.

Finally after a few hours a group of girls came in.

We all jump out of our seats to go help them.

"Hi, welcome to Mabel's crafts, how can I help you?" I ask the girls. There are three teenage girls.

"Do you sell clay earrings?" One girl asks.

"Yes, let me go show you where they are." I sit up slowly knowing my tens unit could stop working which would be bad. But I am so excited to show the girls my earrings that I jump up.

The three girls all buy two pairs of earrings. So Derek runs it up on the cashier and they leave.

"Goodbye! Thank you for coming!" I wave at them.

"Tell your friends!" Elle adds and I laugh.

"Don't worry Elle, business will be blowing up in no time." Or at least, I hope.

But then a man comes through the doors.

***

Welcome to my new story everyone!💗💜 I hope you enjoy! Thank you so much for reading! I love you all!💗💜😊

-xoxo Caty💗💜❤️