Gi- Woo

"Gi-Woo! Tell me you've packed your bags already!"
"YES MOM!"
"Then what's taking so long?!"
"I still have to pack the right books in my hand carrier!"
"HURRY UP! We leave in 5 minutes."
"Okay!" Now to select my books, I'll take this one, and uhm that one, and ouuu this one!!! 3 minutes left! I knew I'd go to Korea one day, but I didn't know it would be because of this reason. Let's just hope once we get there everything is smooth sailing.
"Gi- Woo!"
"COMING!"

————
—"We are gathered here today to commemorate and honor the passing of a wonderful woman, Kim Mi-Soo. She was an amazing wife, mother, and CEO of Ruby Cosmetics and today we mourn her passing but pray that her soul may Rest In Peace."—
"Gi- Woo, come here I want to introduce you to Mr. Han, he's the principal of the high school you'll be attending this year!"
"Well hello there Gi-woo! It's an honor to finally meet you."
"Hello..." What am I supposed to say?! I don't even know anyone here, will he think I'm disrespectful?? Well, who cares what he thinks, I need to calm down.
"Ahah. I know you're a bit nervous and uneasy at this moment, do not worry I understand. You're grandmother was a great person Gi-woo, and she would've been so proud of you today. Not many people are willing to change schools their senior year to all the way in a different country to help out their family, you know?"
"Thank you for your kind words sir."
"No worries, I know adjusting is hard. But I'm sure you'll fit right in, I'll be looking forward to seeing you in school next week. Now if you'll excuse me-"
"Oh yes, of course go right ahead. It was nice talking to you, bye!" Phew, now that that's over, I can finally relax. Why am I so tense? Maybe part of it is just from my sheer excitement of being here. I mean not that I love leaving all my friends behind, but if Korea's anything like the kdramas, sign me up! I just wish we did this sooner, at least I could've met grandma Mi-Soo once in my lifetime then- anyway, now that the funeral is over, I can go to my room and get ready for bed.

————
"Gi-Woo, did you know there's a boba shop near here?! I heard that they have the best bubble tea there, can we please go?!"
"Lin can you let me read in peace?!"
"If you just agree I'll stop!"
"Okay fine, now goodnight"
"Did you know Lee-Jun and Tae-Jin go to your new high school?"
"I thought you said you'll stop talking if I agreed!"
"Well, I lied. Anyway, do you even know who they are?!"
"No."
"Well you should stop being so ignorant, because they're literally the coolest guys around."
"How do you even know this?!"
"I do my research", he said with a smirk. "Okay fine, there were some chicks- girls I mean, who were at the funeral. Apparently the two guys posted pics from their photoshoot at that time and their post was making the girls freak. I overheard them talking about how they couldn't wait for senior year and that they would "snag" the hottest guys at school. I even peeked at their phone screen, they were pretty good looking..."
"You're a creep."
"You should be grateful to have a brother like me, and so in responsibility of being your brother I prohibit you from interacting with them, they sound like trouble."
"Shut up."
"Dude? Ouch."
"You were literally eavesdropping on girls, don't tell me what to do!"
"Touché, it was worth a shot."
"You're paying for the boba tomorrow by the wa-" and she left the room.