S E V E N

The Mexican Cartel. . . 

THE MEXIXAN CARTEL! 

Lorna is pretty sure she's trapped in her head. All she can think about is Marcos.  

Marcos is in the Mexican Cartel. 

How does something like that even happen? Lorna didn't hear anything else Sal had said. She didn't even know where she was.  

Was Marcos even the same boy from the Hydra Facility?  

The same boy she. . .  

She couldn't finish the thought.  

Waking up to her surroundings she finds herself in the car driving back to the Mutant Underground headquarters.  

John was silently driving, jaw clenched.  

He must hear the change in Lorna because he shoots a quick look at her before his eyes go back onto the road. 

"Lorna, who the hell are we looking for?" John asks and Lorna rubs her hands over her face.  

"My friend Marcos –" 

"Yeah well, your friend Marcos seems to be the Mexican Cartels main interrogator. Which is just a pretty name for torturer." John finishes and Lorna wants to puke.  

"I can't believe he would do something like this. With what we had to deal with–" Lorna stops. She hasn't even shared with Lorna the full extent of what Hydra did to her and Marcos.  

"Lorna. I hate to say this but I don’t think we should continue to look for him. He might even already know if Sal has come. The Cartel always know when one of their own is being looked for." Lorna gulped and played with the fraying of her black jeans.  

"They could find us now." John says and ice goes down Lorna’s back.  

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this John. I. . . I never thought he would do something like this. Honestly. I've never told anybody what happened to us. It was just too ugly. Too horrible. I could never hurt my sister or brother with it." Lorna trails off. Waiting for any hesitation on John’s end. When she was met with silence, she took it for a sign she could continue.  

She takes a shaky breath and starts her story.  

The diner was around an hour away from base so whatever she doesn't finish in time she can tell him later. 

"I was born a triplet; we grew up in a tiny little country named Sokovia." John’s eyebrows raise and Lorna nods. 

"Yes, the country that was just destroyed. It's my siblings and my fault to begin with. But when we were ten, our parents were killed by bombs, bombs made by Tony Stark. And us being young blamed him for their death." Lorna looks at her hands again and smiles softly. 

"I don't think that now, and Tony is one of my closest friends. I realise back then he didn't know his advisor was going behind his back and giving weapons to terrorists. But anyway, back to my miserable life." Lorna jokes and they both smile.