Chapter Eight: Never be the same

Toni's POV:

It was the next morning. I can feel someone moving beside me and a vibrating noise. I immediately thought the worst and jumped out of bed. Betty noticed and turned over to see why I jumped. I slowly peaked down under the blanket to see if I was right or not. Betty seemed to catch on and threw a pillow at me, laughing. "It's your phone that's vibrating not me Toni." She said while laughing. I laughed a little too until I realized it was the hospital calling.

I rushed over to my phone and picked it up, "Hello?" I asked. "Hi, this is Riverdale Memorial Hospital, is this Toni?" the woman asked. "Yes I am, is everything ok??" I asked a little panicked. "Yes, everything's fine. Your fiance's doctor wanted me to give you a call and let you know that you can see her now." I smiled at my phone and thanked the lady before hanging up. I ran into the bathroom, took a five minute shower and quickly got dressed.

I ran down the stairs and right into Alice. I caught her before she fell and hugged her tight. I felt so good for some reason. Just knowing I get to see my baby had me running everywhere. I really need to see her. Alice giggled a little, "What's got you up and running this morning? Did you even take touch my stairs or did you just say fuck it and jumped down?" I laughed and let her go. "Yes I did touch the stairs. Just not all of them. The hospital called and I can see Cheryl today. Can I borrow your car or FP's truck? I promise I will bring it back in one piece." Alice and FP laughed as Betty came down fully dressed and ready to go.

"Yes you can but Betty is going with you. She'll make sure you're safe and be careful please?" I smiled at Alice words and kissed her cheek, grabbing the keys. FP gave me a quick hug and out the door I ran with Betty right behind me.

The drive was short and quick. Betty screamed the whole way as I didn't stop at any stop signs and broke just about every law until we reached the parking lot. I put the car in park and jumped out. Betty right behind me as I reached the front desk.

"Hi, I'm Toni and this is Betty. We're here to see Cheryl Blossom. She's my fiance and her cousin." The lady at the desk nodded and told us what room and floor to go to. The elevator was taking too long for me so we ran up three flights of stairs and down the hall to room 327. I stopped at the door and Betty ran into me. For some reason I couldn't open the door. I was terrified as to what I was going to see. Betty grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I took a deep breath and swung the door open. My heart broke instantly.

She looked so pale but peaceful. You can see where she got stabbed and everything. I slowly walked towards her and sat in the chair next to it. I didn't say anything for awhile. I just looked at her sleeping. I slowly slipped my head into hers and her hand was cold. Not a normal cold, this was like being out in the middle of the winter with no gloves. Betty sat down on the other side and grabbed her hand too.

"Hey cuz, It's me Betty. Toni and I came to see how you were doing and to make sure you wake up soon. We really miss you. It's not the same without you here with us. None of us can handle Toni. She's a mess you know. She really needs you. I really need you. I love you Cheryl...Please wake up.." Betty spoke softly but loud enough that she could hear her.

*Time jump: A week later*

Toni's POV:

Betty and I eventually had to return to school. I didn't want to but if I didn't go, she wouldn't go. She was stuck to my side everywhere I went. If I got up in the middle of the night, she got up in the middle of the night. We had always been close but now it's like we're inseparable.

Today was our first day back, Alice was forcing Betty and FP was forcing me to go so instead of fighting a pointless fight, we just agreed. It was currently second period and Ronnie was watching me intently as I watched the clock. "you could take a picture. It would last a longer than you staring at me all period." I said jokingly. She blushed slightly but took my advice literally and snap a picture.