Chapter 5- Frantic Party Planning

Unbeknownst to Eliza, Remus had also sent out letters to all their friends- well, more specifically, invitations. Invitations for a small, surprise farewell party on Sunday, a day before she was set to leave.

Molly Weasley had instantly offered to help, and together, they delegated the different tasks to the right people. Molly and Harry were in charge of the food, with Remus helping with the desserts; Fred, George, Ron and Ginny were to degnome the garden and cut the grass so that Bill and Charlie could set out the tables and chairs; Percy had been given table decorating duty and Mr Weasley was to sort out the lighting. Cleaning up inside the house was given to Hermione and Fleur, much to Ginny's amusement. Theodore Nott was unable to help out due to the fact that he was working during the day, but he promised Lupin he would attend the party as soon as he finished.

Needless to say, on Sunday morning, the burrow was pure chaos. Mrs. Weasley had woken them all up at 8am sharp and rushed them all off downstairs to have breakfast. Poor Charlie was still so tired that he almost fell asleep face first into the cereal. Luckily, Ginny pushed the bowl away just in time. Currently, it was just Ginny, Ron, and Charlie at the table (since Bill lived at Shell cottage with Fleur, and Fred and George had moved out to live in the apartment above their shop)

"Quickly or we'll all be late!" Cried Mrs Weasley, wringing her hands frantically.

"Blimey mum, calm down! They're not arriving till this afternoon, we have plenty of time." Mumbled Ron as he poured himself another bowl of Cheeri Owls cereal.

"I am well aware, Ronald," snapped Mrs. Weasley, "but in case you haven't noticed, there's an awful lot to do! Now don't forget to degnome the garden, and Charlie you -"

"Put out all the tables and chairs with Bill. I know, mum." Interrupted Charlie, who was looking slightly more awake now that he'd had his morning tea.

"Where is Bill? Heaven sakes, they better not still be in bed!" She exclaimed. And with that, she rushed towards the floo to call all those who lived separately, brushing past Percy who had just entered the kitchen.

"Morning everyone," he said cheerfully, only to be met with various different grunts in reply. Percy was already dressed and seemed to be carrying a clipboard of sorts, checking things off with his inkless quill.

"Oh, for Godric's sake, Perce," grumbled Ginny in annoyance, "how are you already dressed?"

"Ah, well, Mother said to be ready early last night. Besides, I'm not dressed dressed. I mean, this is only my work jumper, I shall have to change into my party jumper closer to the time to avoid getting it dirty."

It was one of the main differences between them. Whilst Percy preferred to be organised and punctual, his siblings preferred to relax, and just, as they always said, 'go with the flow'. However, Percy couldn't relax, not whilst they still had 101 things to be done. Sighing, he went to make himself a cup of tea, ticking off 'refresh' on his checklist, before checking the time.

"Goodness is that the time already, I had better get going. I still need to pick up a few table decorations, and then I need to quickly pop into the ministry to hand in my report. I shall see you all later."

"Oh wait, Percy, before you leave -" started Ron as he fumbled in his pockets before pulling out a piece of a crumbled parchment. "Would you be able to collect my order from Diagon Ally whilst you're there? The order numbers are all on that paper. It's Eliza's leaving gift, so it's pretty important. I'd go myself, only mum wants me in the garden."

Percy refrained from reacting. On the inside, he was slightly annoyed that Ron had left something so important to the very last second. Again. However, he sucked it up, smiled, nodded, took the paper, said goodbye, and left. If he'd have said any of that to Ron, it would have just ended up in another big argument, and Percy didn't want to start one of those. Not now that his siblings had finally started forgiving him. He couldn't lose his family again over something so stupid.