Chapter 14-You'll Need A Fellyphone

Finding William had turned out to be a lot harder than Eliza had thought. She had tried his office when she arrived at work, but there was no sign of him. During her break, she ventured into the kitchen, hoping to catch him during his coffee break. At three o'clock, she thought she saw the back of his head heading to the finance department, but he appeared to be in a deep conversation with a man Eliza didn't recognise. But just as Eliza was ready to give up and leave work for the day, she caught him in the reception.

"William!"

Anderson spun around, smiling when he discovered who had called him. He slowed his steps, allowing her to catch up with him.

"Ah, hello Eliza, heading home?" He asked, nodding his head towards the main doors.

"I was, but I was hoping to ask for a quick favour first," Eliza said, digging through her bag. William watched in amusement as Eliza's entire elbow disappeared inside the bag.

"Aha! Got it!" Eliza pulled out a white rectangular box. "I applied for a muggle job last week, as I'm sure Amy told you. They needed a way to contact me so I had to buy a muggle phone. I was just wondering if you'd be able to enchant it for me so I can use it around magic, like you did with my laptop?"

"Anytime," William replied, taking the box. He waved his wand around the box a few times, a golden glow tracing his wand movements. "Which phone did you get?"

"The cheap one. I've been out of the muggle world a little too long, I wasn't sure which were the trendy ones, so I just got one that looked like it would last." She said, shrugging.

William chuckled. "Well, as long as it makes and receives calls, I guess that's all that matters. I could add my number if you like? Saves us waiting for the seagulls to travel back and forth."

"Oh yes, please! That'll bring my contact list up to a grand total of two. Thanks for enchanting this for me. Honestly, that charm of yours is incredible."

"Anytime," William said, mock tipping his hat. The two continued walking until they reached the traffic lights. "See you on Sunday?"

Since they had watched their first movie together during the "Great Clean," as Amy had dubbed it, the trio had made it a habit of meeting up every Sunday for a weekly hang out. This mainly consisted of playing board games, eating a million snacks during the selected movie, the occasional karaoke, and, of course, a mini gossip session.

"Of course, and don't forget, it's my turn to pick the film this week. We are not watching that disaster of a film you picked last week."

William cringed, "I know. I really should have checked the reviews..."

"Hang on, I just need to do one more thing before you go. Just stand super still."

William looked at her questionably but did as she asked. His questions were answered a moment later when he heard the distinct sound of a camera click.

"For your contacts photo," she explained.

Waving goodbye to William, she crossed the lights and turned left towards her apartment. She typed one more number into her phone very carefully. She had this number memorised now, just in case. She held the phone to her ear and listened to the call-out notes. It seemed to call forever, Eliza was just about to put the phone down when, at last, she heard a familiar voice from the other side.

"Hello?" The voice asked apprehensively.

"It worked! I'm so glad it worked! Hello!" Eliza yelled back.

"Wait, is this- Eliza is that you?"

"Yes, it's me, Theo! Guess who finally owns a phone! You're not the only tech-savvy one now. Why did you take so long answering the phone?"